- Michael Owen doubles down on his belief that Liverpool’s Sterling is better than Arsenal’s Ozil [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool’s hopes to sign Memphis Depay complicated as Pep Guardiola reveals his hand
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
- A defender in Sweden headbutts the crossbar after conceding a goal [Videos]
- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
The story of Greece v Ivory Coast finale, retold in cartoon format [Video]
- June 26, 2014
This World Cup has had no shortage of talking points and the finale of Greece v Ivory Coast was a massive one.
With Ivory Coast set to progress to the next round, happy with the 1-1 draw, they catastrophically gave away a last minute penalty.
Giorgios Samaras put the penalty away and Greece were through at the expense of Yaya Toure and co.; with the giant midfielder re-imagined gloating in the face of a Jesus-like Samaras.
Perhaps a tad insensitive given that Toure’s brother died a few short days ago but there’s clearly no malice intended and it’s all done for the LOLZ.