- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Awful: Last picture of Dutch lino Richard Nieuwenhuizen, beaten to death by teenagers
It’s been a tragic week for football in Holland.
Just over seven days ago appalling news hit the wires that an amateur linesman, Richard Nieuwenhuizen, had lost his life after three teenagers playing for SV Nieuw Sloten had attacked him during a football match.
The news rocked the world of football – how could such a heinous crime have been committed by people so young during a football match?! – and a week on, there is still are no good answers to make sense of this appalling loss of life.
There has however been one significant development in the past few days as Dutch paper De Telegraaf have splashed their front page with the first published image of the savage attack.
Under the bold monochrome headline ‘Waanzin’ (‘Frenzy’), the grainy pictue shows a defenseless Richard Nieuwenhuizen laid out on the floor surrounded by a series of young faces.
Nieuwenhuizen was buried in Almere, near Amsterdam, on Monday.
- Updated: December 11, 2012