- Jeff Stelling delivers the King’s speech, rounding up football in 2014 [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s full Christmas Day interview on BT Sport [Video]
- Chelsea v West Ham [Team Sheets]
- Hull to sign Malmo keeper Robin Olsen for free [Fotbollskanalen]
- Worst Xmas present! Borussia Dortmund fan gets a toaster which makes Bayern bread [Pictures]
The Secret Footballer sheds insight into Erik Lamela’s struggles at Spurs
Whether “The Secret Footballer” is Dave Kitson seems somewhat of a moot point these days.
No one doubts that the TSF is anything but a professional footballer in England with good solid connections to a host of Premier League players.
As a result, The Secret Footballer has gained a niche role within the football media, occasionally shedding rumours and intrigue on subjects that may not be so clear.
At just over the halfway point of the Premier League season, Tottenham’s Erik Lamela is looking like the big flop summer signing in the Premier League.
Perhaps Roberto Soldado and Marouane Fellaini come close, but Lamela, who does have time on his side, has struggled to play for Spurs, even when fit and available to both Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood.
Talk of a loan move this January seems super unlikely and you expect Lamela will get his chance under Sherwood – Tottenham simply cannot afford not to play the Argentine – but it is looking like a very curious transfer all round.
The Secret Footballer recently posted some intriguing remarks about Lamela, from a friend at Tottenham and also pointed his readership to a goal scored by the former River Plate and Roma forward from his youth that is pretty special…
- Updated: January 16, 2014