The Secret Footballer sheds insight into Erik Lamela’s struggles at Spurs
- January 16, 2014
Whether “The Secret Footballer” is Dave Kitson seems somewhat of a moot point these days.
No one doubts that the TSF is anything but a professional footballer in England with good solid connections to a host of Premier League players.
As a result, The Secret Footballer has gained a niche role within the football media, occasionally shedding rumours and intrigue on subjects that may not be so clear.
At just over the halfway point of the Premier League season, Tottenham’s Erik Lamela is looking like the big flop summer signing in the Premier League.
Perhaps Roberto Soldado and Marouane Fellaini come close, but Lamela, who does have time on his side, has struggled to play for Spurs, even when fit and available to both Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood.
Talk of a loan move this January seems super unlikely and you expect Lamela will get his chance under Sherwood – Tottenham simply cannot afford not to play the Argentine – but it is looking like a very curious transfer all round.
The Secret Footballer recently posted some intriguing remarks about Lamela, from a friend at Tottenham and also pointed his readership to a goal scored by the former River Plate and Roma forward from his youth that is pretty special…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...