The Secret Footballer defends Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley, lamenting petition as ‘hateful’
- March 8, 2014
The petition aiming to deny Tom Cleverley entry to Brazil this summer (effectively) now has 17,000 signatures; people really really, really don’t like him.
And after David Moyes came out in his defence yesterday, the proasic quill of the Secret Footballer has seconded that, lamenting the petition as a hateful symptom of modern culture.
TSF sees the petition as a convenient and easy scapegoat, which obfuscates from the real issue: the Man United Board’s failure to bring in adequate midfield reinforcements last summer.
It’s a compelling argument, well outlined and discussed as always by the not-so mysterious mystery man.
Read Dave Kits…I mean The Secret Footballer’s articulate defence of Tom Cleverley here.
- Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey named in England Squad
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Leaked: England’s 2015-16 blue on blue away kit is ugly [Pictures]
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...