The Secret Footballer defends Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley, lamenting petition as ‘hateful’
- March 8, 2014
The petition aiming to deny Tom Cleverley entry to Brazil this summer (effectively) now has 17,000 signatures; people really really, really don’t like him.
And after David Moyes came out in his defence yesterday, the proasic quill of the Secret Footballer has seconded that, lamenting the petition as a hateful symptom of modern culture.
TSF sees the petition as a convenient and easy scapegoat, which obfuscates from the real issue: the Man United Board’s failure to bring in adequate midfield reinforcements last summer.
It’s a compelling argument, well outlined and discussed as always by the not-so mysterious mystery man.
Read Dave Kits…I mean The Secret Footballer’s articulate defence of Tom Cleverley here.
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi