- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
The Ronaldinho skills show (Atletico Mineiro 3 – Fluminense 2)
“The victory was worth more than three points. We shortened the difference to Fluminense and have in reach the dream of being champions of Brazil. We’re not dead.” – Ronaldinho.
R49 may not have scored in Atletico Mineiro’s thrilling 3-2 win over Fluminense on Sunday night but he produced another terrific performance in what has already gone down as the best game in Brazil’s top flight this season.
Fluminense held a nine-point advantage going into the match at the top of the Campeonato Brasileiro table, so second placed Atletico Mineiro effectively kept the title race alive thanks to a 93rd minute winner.
And Atletico Mineiro’s late victory could have been more emphatic had certain decisions gone their way. Most notably, an excellent free-kick from Ronaldinho was disallowed for pushing in the wall in the first half.
The former PSG, Barcelona and AC Milan schemer created numerous chances throughout as well as assisting for Jo to score Atletico’s first goal, then playing a hand in the second before a glorious ball in for the 93rd minute winner from Leonardo Silva.
First video below is the “skills show,” followed by an individual video of Ronaldinho’s disallowed free-kick followed by some fancy footwork Tekkers! and a no-look pass.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="249452"]
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="249133"]
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="249233"]
- Updated: October 22, 2012