- Chelsea flop Fernando Torres explains why he left AC Milan to join Atletico Madrid
- Hilarious! Southampton’s Twitter account offers one Saints fan love advice [Tweets]
- THUNDERBASTARD! Charlee Adams (Lincoln City) nets first career goal in Lincolnshire derby [Video]
- Chelsea fans put to the test: “Would you kiss a beautiful Tottenham fan” [Video]
- “At last back home” – Ex-Chelsea man Fernando Torres tweets about return to Atletico Madrid
The romance of the FA Cup is stoked by the ‘We Are Wimbledon’ video ahead of the MK Dons cup-tie
The second round of the FA Cup plays out over the weekend in England, and one match stands out above all others.
On Saturday at 1.30pm, hatred will be on full view as the Milton Keynes Dons play host to the AFC Wimbledon for the first time ever, in what could be one of the most fiery matches of 2012.
For anyone unsure of the significance of the match, the MK Dons were born out of the demise of the famous Wimbledon FC back in 2004, in which the demise of the Crazy Gang provoked a hoard of disgruntled fans to perform numerous protests and spawned two new clubs – AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons.
Ahead of the bad-blood affair, fans from south London have hit YouTube to show their support for their club with the release of the video ‘We Are Wimbledon’.
As explained by the video’s creator:
Two years ago, when THAT game might have happened previously, the nugget of an idea developed that I hoped I would never get the chance to complete. A way in which, in the face of franchise lies, we could simply and purely assert ownership over our history. There is no need to enter into a battle to prove the truth because we can, without uttering a word, make our point: that we are and always will be Wimbledon. The heart and soul of a real football club is embedded in its fans. And so the idea was a simple one: Tell me where your Wimbledon journey began. Your starting point. Your place in our history.
Watch the superb clip below.
- Updated: November 30, 2012