The romance of the FA Cup is stoked by the ‘We Are Wimbledon’ video ahead of the MK Dons cup-tie
- November 30, 2012
The second round of the FA Cup plays out over the weekend in England, and one match stands out above all others.
On Saturday at 1.30pm, hatred will be on full view as the Milton Keynes Dons play host to the AFC Wimbledon for the first time ever, in what could be one of the most fiery matches of 2012.
For anyone unsure of the significance of the match, the MK Dons were born out of the demise of the famous Wimbledon FC back in 2004, in which the demise of the Crazy Gang provoked a hoard of disgruntled fans to perform numerous protests and spawned two new clubs – AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons.
Ahead of the bad-blood affair, fans from south London have hit YouTube to show their support for their club with the release of the video ‘We Are Wimbledon’.
As explained by the video’s creator:
Two years ago, when THAT game might have happened previously, the nugget of an idea developed that I hoped I would never get the chance to complete. A way in which, in the face of franchise lies, we could simply and purely assert ownership over our history. There is no need to enter into a battle to prove the truth because we can, without uttering a word, make our point: that we are and always will be Wimbledon. The heart and soul of a real football club is embedded in its fans. And so the idea was a simple one: Tell me where your Wimbledon journey began. Your starting point. Your place in our history.
Watch the superb clip below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”263849″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi