The racist Villarreal fan who threw a banana at Barcelona’s Dani Alves released on charges after arrest
- May 1, 2014
The racist Villarreal fan who abused Barcelona’s Dani Alves last weekend by throwing a banana at him as he took a corner has been released on charges after being arrested.
Identified only as ‘David’, the, now former, socio provoked outrage last weekend when he aimed a banana in the direction of Brazilian full-back Dani Alves.
Alves has been thoroughly commended for the way he dealt with the abuse, picking up the banana and taking a bite out of it before tossing it away.
Widespread support from football and beyond has come for the former Sevilla player, with Villarreal also quickly banning the racist fan from their ground for life.
David’s friends have jumped to his defence in what they consider a disproportionate condemnation, claiming everyone makes stupid mistakes.
They’ve even organized a rally tomorrow with the slogan ‘We are all David’, a reference to the ‘We are all monkeys’ slogan used by those defending Alves.
- Barcelona are yet to receive a formal offer for Pedro from Manchester United (Sport)
- Peter Odemwingie says Steve Sidwell is learning Spanish for Stoke’s Barcelona lad...
- Luis Suarez made a top draw penalty save at Barcelona training in Washington (Instagram...
- Chelsea v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Thomas Vermaelen says injuries are behind him after ‘disappointing year’ (V...
- Neymar asks for his Dad to be left alone amid Barcelona transfer investigation (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi