The racist Villarreal fan who threw a banana at Barcelona’s Dani Alves released on charges after arrest
- May 1, 2014
The racist Villarreal fan who abused Barcelona’s Dani Alves last weekend by throwing a banana at him as he took a corner has been released on charges after being arrested.
Identified only as ‘David’, the, now former, socio provoked outrage last weekend when he aimed a banana in the direction of Brazilian full-back Dani Alves.
Alves has been thoroughly commended for the way he dealt with the abuse, picking up the banana and taking a bite out of it before tossing it away.
Widespread support from football and beyond has come for the former Sevilla player, with Villarreal also quickly banning the racist fan from their ground for life.
David’s friends have jumped to his defence in what they consider a disproportionate condemnation, claiming everyone makes stupid mistakes.
They’ve even organized a rally tomorrow with the slogan ‘We are all David’, a reference to the ‘We are all monkeys’ slogan used by those defending Alves.
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Barcelona will bid €80-90m for Juventus star Paul Pogba this week [Sport + Mundo Deport...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi