- Harry Redknapp post-Arsenal: ‘It was a clear penalty from Gibbs on Bobby Zamora’ [Video]
- Sami Khedira is hoping to reach an agreement for a new contract at Real Madrid
- Arsenal fan lays into Olivier Giroud for ‘brainless’ sending off v QPR [Video]
- Neymar: I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good as Ronaldo or Messi [Globo]
- Arsene Wenger: ‘Alexis Sanchez has so much self-confidence that sometimes he’s too individual’ [Video]
The President of the Colombian FA was caught trying to steal a Copa Libertadores final medal on TV
Luis Bedoya, the President of the Colombian Football Federation, was caught on camera trying to steal a Copa Libertadores final medal on Wednesday night.
(Match highlights: Atletico Mineiro 2* – Olimpia 0, Pens. 4-3)
In an amazing scene spotted by a load of South American football fans on live TV, Luis Bedoya, who has been the President since 2006, was spotted trying to pocket a medal while he thought nobody was looking during the post match activities.
As the players made their way onto the stage to collect their medals, Bedoya was recorded sneakily wrapping up a medal in his hand in a prelude to putting it in his pocket and making off with a souvenir that he didn’t deserve.
Embarrassingly, the President was caught in the act by an organiser on the platform.
Watch the President of the Colombian Football Federation try to steal a Copa Libertadores final medal below.
- Updated: July 25, 2013