The Premier League Player of the Month for November was… Samir Nasri [Squawka analysis]
- December 4, 2013
Manchester City have been fantastic in November. Three home wins and one away defeat took City back into the top four of the Premier League. Those games saw Manuel Pellegrini’s side score 16 times and concede just once, to Phil Bardsley of Sunderland. Sergio Aguero, Jesus Navas, Yaya Toure and Alvaro Negredo were fantastic, scoring many of the goals last month but it was Samir Nasri who stood out, scoring 283 points in Squawka’s Performance Score, making him the Premier League Player of the Month.
In November, the Frenchman joined his team-mates in the goalscoring free-for-all with his two efforts in the win over Swansea City. Only Aguero and Negredo (three each) scored more than Nasri last month.
He was also influential in creating for his team-mates, playing 15 key passes in four matches. Navas was closest to Nasri with nine created chances.
Nasri spoke about his frustrations under Roberto Mancini last month but he’s put that all behind him with a string of fantastic performances. He’s been excellent in Europe, too, scoring once and creating 10 chances – again, more than anyone else.
In David Silva’s absence, Nasri has taken the creative reigns at the club and the lethal front pairing of Aguero and Negredo are benefiting because of it.
Funnily enough, Nasri created the most chances in a single match in the defeat to Sunderland. He completed seven key passes but City couldn’t score.
Another impressive figure from November was Nasri’s 75% of duels won. He completed a fantastic 11 takes-ons from just 13 attempts and won three of his four tackles.
Nasri also completed a fantastic 92% of his passes. It wasn’t one of the best at City as the likes of Silva and Toure are sublime on the ball but his success rate is still extremely high. Perhaps something underrated is the amount of passes he sent forward. The majority of the passes Nasri attempted went forwards which showed just how attacking City were in November, especially Nasri. For some wingers, a lot of their passes can go backwards as there isn’t always a pass on forwards so it makes it even more impressive that Nasri sent 60.7% of his forwards.
Possibly the best statistic from Nasri’s month is his fantastic shooting. From the five shots he hit, four were on target with the fifth just narrowly wide.
Samir Nasri was fantastic for City in November and one of the main reasons as to why they returned to the top four. The former Premier League champions’ away form has been poor but even in that defeat to Sunderland, Nasri played extremely well. If he keeps up his excellent form, it’s hard to see where Pellegrini can use David Silva.
- Classy: Stevan Jovetic pens farewell message to Man City on Instagram
- Watch highlights of Raheem Sterling’s excellent performance for Man City v Vietna...
- Raheem Sterling bags a brilliant brace in 8-1 Man City win v Vietnam XI (Highlights)
- Raheem Sterling scored a first-time out of the box curler for Man City v Vietnam XI (Vi...
- Vietnamese fan burns 10 tickets to Man City game due to players attitudes (Video)
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi