The PR War: France and Ukraine trade chicken-based insults ahead of their World Cup playoff tie [Pictures]
- November 15, 2013
The Gallic rooster (le coq gaulois) is the well-known unofficial national symbol of France, and the animal has found itself front and centre of a new PR war between Les Bleus and the Ukraine.
As the nations prepare to meet in a pivotal World Cup playoff on Friday night, two new adverts have come out in which France and Ukraine one-up each other using the chicken as a prop.
According to the supposed chronology, the French were to first to fire with an image of their rooster sitting in a Ukrainian hat with the phrase “nous serons en ukraine comme à la maison” (“We will be at home in the Ukraine”).
The eastern Europeans, however, haven’t taken that PR shot lying down, hitting back with their own advert stating “We eat chicken like that for breakfast.”
The France v Ukraine chicken-based insults can be enjoyed below.
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris had more 1st half touches than Arsenal’s Olivier Gi...
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Ex Chelsea star Florent Malouda picks incredible Fantasy XI made up of former team-mate...
- Marouane Fellaini steals the show as Belgium beat France in a 4-3 thriller [Official Hi...
- Tottenham’s Belgian players try to act in silly promo for France friendly [Video]
- France beat Germany 4-1 to win the U17 European Championships [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi