The PR War: France and Ukraine trade chicken-based insults ahead of their World Cup playoff tie [Pictures]
The Gallic rooster (le coq gaulois) is the well-known unofficial national symbol of France, and the animal has found itself front and centre of a new PR war between Les Bleus and the Ukraine.
As the nations prepare to meet in a pivotal World Cup playoff on Friday night, two new adverts have come out in which France and Ukraine one-up each other using the chicken as a prop.
According to the supposed chronology, the French were to first to fire with an image of their rooster sitting in a Ukrainian hat with the phrase “nous serons en ukraine comme à la maison” (“We will be at home in the Ukraine”).
The eastern Europeans, however, haven’t taken that PR shot lying down, hitting back with their own advert stating “We eat chicken like that for breakfast.”
The France v Ukraine chicken-based insults can be enjoyed below.
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin scores a cracking volley at France training (video)
- Man City’s Samir Nasri tells French TV he wouldn’t play for the national te...
- France coach Didier Deschamps hails Man United striker Anthony Martial (video)
- Austrian coach brings beret & baguette to presser after qualifying for France 2016...
- Fail! Ukraine midfielder Oleh Gusev lashed the ball at his own face during game against...
- Insane! Ukrainian substitute punches referee in the face in Rivne Supercup match [Video]
- Sepp Blatter says Russia and Ukraine would be kept apart at 2018 World Cup
- Belarus & Ukraine fans unite to sing “Putin is a d***head” during qual...