The PR War: France and Ukraine trade chicken-based insults ahead of their World Cup playoff tie [Pictures]
- November 15, 2013
The Gallic rooster (le coq gaulois) is the well-known unofficial national symbol of France, and the animal has found itself front and centre of a new PR war between Les Bleus and the Ukraine.
As the nations prepare to meet in a pivotal World Cup playoff on Friday night, two new adverts have come out in which France and Ukraine one-up each other using the chicken as a prop.
According to the supposed chronology, the French were to first to fire with an image of their rooster sitting in a Ukrainian hat with the phrase “nous serons en ukraine comme à la maison” (“We will be at home in the Ukraine”).
The eastern Europeans, however, haven’t taken that PR shot lying down, hitting back with their own advert stating “We eat chicken like that for breakfast.”
The France v Ukraine chicken-based insults can be enjoyed below.
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris had more 1st half touches than Arsenal’s Olivier Gi...
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Ex Chelsea star Florent Malouda picks incredible Fantasy XI made up of former team-mate...
- Marouane Fellaini steals the show as Belgium beat France in a 4-3 thriller [Official Hi...
- Tottenham’s Belgian players try to act in silly promo for France friendly [Video]
- France beat Germany 4-1 to win the U17 European Championships [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...