The PR War: France and Ukraine trade chicken-based insults ahead of their World Cup playoff tie [Pictures]
- November 15, 2013
The Gallic rooster (le coq gaulois) is the well-known unofficial national symbol of France, and the animal has found itself front and centre of a new PR war between Les Bleus and the Ukraine.
As the nations prepare to meet in a pivotal World Cup playoff on Friday night, two new adverts have come out in which France and Ukraine one-up each other using the chicken as a prop.
According to the supposed chronology, the French were to first to fire with an image of their rooster sitting in a Ukrainian hat with the phrase “nous serons en ukraine comme à la maison” (“We will be at home in the Ukraine”).
The eastern Europeans, however, haven’t taken that PR shot lying down, hitting back with their own advert stating “We eat chicken like that for breakfast.”
The France v Ukraine chicken-based insults can be enjoyed below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...