Dasha Zhukova, partner of Chelsea owner Abramovich, in a racism storm over art picture [Sun]
- January 22, 2014
All of a sudden the spotlight has fallen on 32-year-old model Dasha Zhukova, the partner of Chelsea boss Roman Abramovich, for alleged racism.
The Sun have splashed the front page of their Wednesday paper with the provocative headline “Chairhead – Race row as Rom’s love sits on ‘Black Girl’ seat”.
The picture first came to light on Monday on a Russian fashion blog called Buro 24/7, which was running a feature on Zhukova and her new magazine fashion Garage.
Buro 24/7 initially published the photograph on their website and Instagram page, however they quickly backtracked and removed the image from their online properties after it sparked an immediate backlash.
The the picture was published on America’s Martin Luther King Day didn’t help.
Whilst no racism claims are being levelled at the Chelsea owner, one can expect that Roman will be less than happy on Wednesday seeing his name connected to the misguided actions of his partner.
Dasha Zhukova is no stranger to Chelsea football fans, often sitting along the Blues owner at Stamford Bridge.
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Chelsea fan tells Arsenal to enjoy Community Shield, last trophy they’ll win for ...
- Arsenal fan interrupts Claude to boast about winning…back-to-back Community Shiel...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi