- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
The other shocking refereeing decision during Madrid’s Elche ‘Robo’: Sergio Ramos should been sent off for hack down
- September 26, 2013
In the midst of all the white noise surrounding Pepe’s somewhat evil engineering of a penalty in Madrid’s now infamous ‘Robo’ at Elche’, an equally shocking decision by disgraced ref Muniz has been almost overlooked.
Sergio Ramos somehow escaped a second yellow for a blatant and calculated hack down on an Elche attacker, who had beaten him in the 1 on 1 hands down, and who Ramos simply decided to take out with a cynical lunge.
Ramos, already booked, could easily have seen a straight red for this were it a few yards closer to goal, but it’s beyond argument that he should have walked for at least a second booking.
[gthumb id=”358555″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]