- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
The officials had a nightmare during QPR v Bournemouth, Joey Barton slams them on Twitter
- Updated: December 4, 2013
Referee Andy Woolmer and his assistant linesman had a bit of a shocker in the first half of QPR’s 3-0 win over Bournemouth.
With the match still goalless in the first half, Andy Johnson feathered a ball from midfield towards striker Charlie Austin, however Cherries centre-half Tommy Elphick looked to have the danger covered as he closed down the Rangers forward.
But then Elphick slipped and the chaos started to unravel.
As the number 5 hit the deck the defender handled the ball just outside the box. Loftus Road screamed for a penalty, the referee clearly didn’t see what happened, and the linesman confusingly raised his flag.
After a long winded chat on the sidelines it became clear that the linesman was sure the handball was outside the box. In that regard the officials were correct.
But incredibly, amid all the penalty/non-penalty kerfuffle, Elphick managed to escape the incident without even a booking. Surely, as the last man, the Bournemouth defender needed to be sent off?
As was to be expected, QPR midfielder Joey Barton – who was constantly in the thick of the action as the officials bungled along – has since spoken out about the event on Twitter.
Watch the incident and read Joey Barton’s thoughts (start from the bottom!) below.