The Octopus Save: Bayern goalie Manuel Neuer’s incredible stop against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda
He’s probably the best goalkeeper in world football, and against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday night Manuel Neuer added another great save to his collection.
Neuer produced a sensational stop to deny CSKA forward Keisuke Honda when the Japanese international looked destined to find the target against the reigning Champions League champs.
In action started as Bayern fell into big danger when a long punt downfield sailed over the Munich backline towards Honda on the edge of the box.
Clean through and with time on his hands, Honda advanced towards Neuer before he created an opening by shimmying the German keeper off-balance. But then Neuer bit back.
Despite falling in the other direction, Neuer extended a huge left arm at Honda’s fee, and the keeper snatched the ball of the CSKA attacker’s toes milliseconds before he was about to score. It was a brilliant stop.
Watch Manuel Neuer’s incredible octopus save against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda below.
- Pep Guardiola’s tactics at Bayern compared to Arsenal legend Herbert Chapman [Marca]
- Injured David Alaba celebrates Bayern’s 4-0 win over Olympiakos with a song (Video)
- Douglas Costa & Arjen Robben show off some amazing skills in Bayern’s warm up v Schalk...
- BT Sport produced an outrageous Bayern Munich statistic (Video)
- PSV Eindhoven v CSKA Moscow: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Superb fan cam footage of Wayne Rooney’s winner v CSKA and the Man United goal celebrations...
- Ashley Young absolutely destroyed for shocking dive in Man United win v CSKA [Tweets]
- Wayne Rooney on breaking the Man United goal drought v CSKA Moscow (Video)
- West Ham set for a £5m move for AC Milan’s Keisuke Honda in January (Sun)
- Keisuke Honda scores and assists for Japan in 2-0 win over Tunisia [Highlights]
- Japan’s Keisuke Honda blazes penalty over the bar v UAE [Videos]
- Incredible miss! Keisuke Honda ruins Japan team move by hitting post with goal gaping [Video]