- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
The Octopus Save: Bayern goalie Manuel Neuer’s incredible stop against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda
He’s probably the best goalkeeper in world football, and against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday night Manuel Neuer added another great save to his collection.
Neuer produced a sensational stop to deny CSKA forward Keisuke Honda when the Japanese international looked destined to find the target against the reigning Champions League champs.
In action started as Bayern fell into big danger when a long punt downfield sailed over the Munich backline towards Honda on the edge of the box.
Clean through and with time on his hands, Honda advanced towards Neuer before he created an opening by shimmying the German keeper off-balance. But then Neuer bit back.
Despite falling in the other direction, Neuer extended a huge left arm at Honda’s fee, and the keeper snatched the ball of the CSKA attacker’s toes milliseconds before he was about to score. It was a brilliant stop.
Watch Manuel Neuer’s incredible octopus save against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda below.
- Updated: November 28, 2013