The Octopus Save: Bayern goalie Manuel Neuer’s incredible stop against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda
- November 28, 2013
He’s probably the best goalkeeper in world football, and against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday night Manuel Neuer added another great save to his collection.
Neuer produced a sensational stop to deny CSKA forward Keisuke Honda when the Japanese international looked destined to find the target against the reigning Champions League champs.
In action started as Bayern fell into big danger when a long punt downfield sailed over the Munich backline towards Honda on the edge of the box.
Clean through and with time on his hands, Honda advanced towards Neuer before he created an opening by shimmying the German keeper off-balance. But then Neuer bit back.
Despite falling in the other direction, Neuer extended a huge left arm at Honda’s fee, and the keeper snatched the ball of the CSKA attacker’s toes milliseconds before he was about to score. It was a brilliant stop.
Watch Manuel Neuer’s incredible octopus save against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...