The Octopus Save: Bayern goalie Manuel Neuer’s incredible stop against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda
- November 28, 2013
He’s probably the best goalkeeper in world football, and against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday night Manuel Neuer added another great save to his collection.
Neuer produced a sensational stop to deny CSKA forward Keisuke Honda when the Japanese international looked destined to find the target against the reigning Champions League champs.
In action started as Bayern fell into big danger when a long punt downfield sailed over the Munich backline towards Honda on the edge of the box.
Clean through and with time on his hands, Honda advanced towards Neuer before he created an opening by shimmying the German keeper off-balance. But then Neuer bit back.
Despite falling in the other direction, Neuer extended a huge left arm at Honda’s fee, and the keeper snatched the ball of the CSKA attacker’s toes milliseconds before he was about to score. It was a brilliant stop.
Watch Manuel Neuer’s incredible octopus save against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda below.
- Man United prepare €82m offer for Thomas Muller. Talks have begun [Sport 1]
- BBC duped by a fake report linking Bayern’s Thomas Muller & Arjen Robben to ...
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has destroyed Mario Gotze, says the player’s agent
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi