The Octopus Save: Bayern goalie Manuel Neuer’s incredible stop against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda
- November 28, 2013
He’s probably the best goalkeeper in world football, and against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday night Manuel Neuer added another great save to his collection.
Neuer produced a sensational stop to deny CSKA forward Keisuke Honda when the Japanese international looked destined to find the target against the reigning Champions League champs.
In action started as Bayern fell into big danger when a long punt downfield sailed over the Munich backline towards Honda on the edge of the box.
Clean through and with time on his hands, Honda advanced towards Neuer before he created an opening by shimmying the German keeper off-balance. But then Neuer bit back.
Despite falling in the other direction, Neuer extended a huge left arm at Honda’s fee, and the keeper snatched the ball of the CSKA attacker’s toes milliseconds before he was about to score. It was a brilliant stop.
Watch Manuel Neuer’s incredible octopus save against CSKA’s Keisuke Honda below.
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Bayern Munich stars don lederhosen in annual Paulaner photo shoot for Oktoberfest (Video)
- Thomas Muller gave Arturo Vidal a head massage in Bayern Munich training (Video)
- Franck Ribery’s brother Steeven Ribery (19) nets incredible golazo for Bayern Mun...
- Bayern Munich hold talks with the representatives of Man City target Kevin De Bruyne [S...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...