The New York Cosmos win NASL again, Marcos Senna bagging a Golazo winner v Atlanta Silverbacks
- November 10, 2013
When you see the game winning goal and celebrations at the end of the New York Cosmos’ 1-0 win over the Atlanta Silverbacks on Saturday, you wonder why the top American leagues do not run a promotion/relegation system.
The New York Cosmos won the North American Soccer League for the sixth time in their history and first time since 1982.
Much has changed in American soccer since the early 1980s but there is no doubt that the New York Cosmos remain one of the most iconic sides in all of USA.
Fittingly, it was the Cosmos’ big summer signing that won it for them, Marcos Senna scoring the only goal of the game in a 1-0 Championship Final victory over the Atlanta Silverbacks.
Senna, most memorably part of the Spain side that won Euro 2008, said afterwards: “It was a moment of happiness. It summarizes the whole season.”
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]