- Barcelona & Mundo Deportivo troll readers by releasing fake 2016-2017 Barca kit [Photo]
- Southampton v Chelsea [Team Sheets]
- Chelsea linked to £7.8m Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric as Blues send reps to Croatia
- Linked to Arsenal, Sevilla’s Grzegorz Krychowiak confirms he’s signed for an English club [Tweets]
- Xherdan Shaqiri to leave Bayern Munich for Juventus on loan with an option to buy [Sky Italia]
The New York Cosmos win NASL again, Marcos Senna bagging a Golazo winner v Atlanta Silverbacks
When you see the game winning goal and celebrations at the end of the New York Cosmos’ 1-0 win over the Atlanta Silverbacks on Saturday, you wonder why the top American leagues do not run a promotion/relegation system.
The New York Cosmos won the North American Soccer League for the sixth time in their history and first time since 1982.
Much has changed in American soccer since the early 1980s but there is no doubt that the New York Cosmos remain one of the most iconic sides in all of USA.
Fittingly, it was the Cosmos’ big summer signing that won it for them, Marcos Senna scoring the only goal of the game in a 1-0 Championship Final victory over the Atlanta Silverbacks.
Senna, most memorably part of the Spain side that won Euro 2008, said afterwards: “It was a moment of happiness. It summarizes the whole season.”
- Updated: November 10, 2013