- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
‘The New Neymar’ Neilton scores golazo v Portuguesa, already has 3 goals in 6 for Santos
Santos’ culture of producing home-grown stars shows no signs of changing with the sale of Neymar.
No sooner had ‘Ney’ been sold than Santos promoted Neilton, their next bright young thing to the first team to ‘replace’ him.
And after inheriting Neymar Junior’s number 11 shirt, the 19 year old with a name crossed between ‘Neymar’ and ‘Ailton’ has hit the ground running: 3 goals in 6 games show the pressure certainly isn’t getting to him.
And with his first true golazo to his name, scored in last Saturday’s 4-1 win over Portuguesa, he looks ready to lead the Santos attack.
As cliched as it is to nickname him The New Neymar for his physical similarities, number, position and name, it can’t be denied that his golazo against Portuguesa (below) was uncannily reminiscent of the former Santos idol.
[gthumb id="336531" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: July 17, 2013