‘The New Neymar’ Neilton scores golazo v Portuguesa, already has 3 goals in 6 for Santos
- July 17, 2013
Santos’ culture of producing home-grown stars shows no signs of changing with the sale of Neymar.
No sooner had ‘Ney’ been sold than Santos promoted Neilton, their next bright young thing to the first team to ‘replace’ him.
And after inheriting Neymar Junior’s number 11 shirt, the 19 year old with a name crossed between ‘Neymar’ and ‘Ailton’ has hit the ground running: 3 goals in 6 games show the pressure certainly isn’t getting to him.
And with his first true golazo to his name, scored in last Saturday’s 4-1 win over Portuguesa, he looks ready to lead the Santos attack.
As cliched as it is to nickname him The New Neymar for his physical similarities, number, position and name, it can’t be denied that his golazo against Portuguesa (below) was uncannily reminiscent of the former Santos idol.
[gthumb id=”336531″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]