The Making of Lionel Messi [Sky Sports documentary]
- December 26, 2013
“The making of Lionel Messi” aired on Sky Sports on Christmas Day.
Predictably, it made its way onto YouTube in super quick time and shows how Lionel Messi grew up in Argentina before becoming the best player in world football.
Guillem Balague speaks to some of Messi’t very first team mates, his coaches, school teachers and we see where the Barcelona superstar grew up.
There is also an intrinsic question to the documentary as well.
It has taken Lionel Messi a long time to be accepted by Argentineans due to the fact he never played club football in his home country.
Nevertheless, there are suggestions in the documentary, that Messi plays like a “typical Argentine.”
So, which one is it? Born or raised? Argentinian or not?
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Matías Messi defends brother Leo from Argentina critics on Twitter
- Youtuber brilliantly demonstrates how Messi wasn’t to blame for Argentina’s...
- Leo Messi’s grandfather criticises his grandson’s Copa America performances...
- Leo Messi speaks for the 1st time after criticism in Argentina after the Copa America. ...
- Close up footage of Leo Messi’s brother, Matias, being harassed at the Copa Ameri...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi