The Making of Lionel Messi [Sky Sports documentary]
- December 26, 2013
“The making of Lionel Messi” aired on Sky Sports on Christmas Day.
Predictably, it made its way onto YouTube in super quick time and shows how Lionel Messi grew up in Argentina before becoming the best player in world football.
Guillem Balague speaks to some of Messi’t very first team mates, his coaches, school teachers and we see where the Barcelona superstar grew up.
There is also an intrinsic question to the documentary as well.
It has taken Lionel Messi a long time to be accepted by Argentineans due to the fact he never played club football in his home country.
Nevertheless, there are suggestions in the documentary, that Messi plays like a “typical Argentine.”
So, which one is it? Born or raised? Argentinian or not?
- High foot: Emmanuel Más sent off for outrageous stamp to the head in Argentina (Video)
- Leo Messi’s school in Rosario honour the Barca star with giant hand-painted tribu...
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Man United & Man City stars selected for Argentina’s latest squad, Erik Lame...
- What. A. Goal. Substitute Eric Aparicio nets incredible long range golazo v Lanus (Video)
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...