“The magic tended to fade” – Barcelona remove classless message about Cesc Fabregas from their website
- June 13, 2014
There may be a lot of football fans spewing hate at Cesc Fabregas, but you have to feel sorry for the Spanish playmaker a little.
In recent weeks, Fabregas was kicked out of the club where he grew up and returned to play with many citing “Barca DNA” as being part of his make-up.
This was then compounded by the fact Arsene Wenger, who had first refusal, rejected the opportunity to take Fabregas back to Arsenal.
On Thursday, just after it was announced Chelsea had signed Cesc Fabregas, Barcelona took one final swipe against a player that only ever gave 100% at the Nou Camp.
In a statistics piece titled “Cesc Fàbregas: three years in numbers” – Barcelona wrote this classless paragraph:
“But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.”
This paragraph has since been removed. And, rightly so!
- Arsenal fans (incl. Piers Morgan) mock Robin van Persie on Twitter ahead of Fenerbahçe ...
- ‘I am a Lion': Lukas Podolski officially unveiled as a Galatasaray player
- Galatasaray confirm Lukas Podolski will sign contract today, drawing his Arsenal career...
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi