“The magic tended to fade” – Barcelona remove classless message about Cesc Fabregas from their website
There may be a lot of football fans spewing hate at Cesc Fabregas, but you have to feel sorry for the Spanish playmaker a little.
In recent weeks, Fabregas was kicked out of the club where he grew up and returned to play with many citing “Barca DNA” as being part of his make-up.
This was then compounded by the fact Arsene Wenger, who had first refusal, rejected the opportunity to take Fabregas back to Arsenal.
On Thursday, just after it was announced Chelsea had signed Cesc Fabregas, Barcelona took one final swipe against a player that only ever gave 100% at the Nou Camp.
In a statistics piece titled “Cesc Fàbregas: three years in numbers” – Barcelona wrote this classless paragraph:
“But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.”
This paragraph has since been removed. And, rightly so!
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Cesc Fabregas leaves classy gift outside the Embassy of France in tribute to Paris victims (Video)
- Cesc Fabregas says Chelsea have had no luck this season in Marca interview
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas speaks about hearing of the Paris attacks after the Spain-England g...
- Cesc Fabregas repeats denial that he was the Chelsea rat, acknowledges Diego Costa criticism [COPE]