The Lost Golazo: Diego Maradona’s stunner (Argentinos Juniors) v Deportivo Pereira in 1980
- August 25, 2013
A hidden Diego Maradona gem has emerged over the past few days showing a lost golazo from the legendary Argentinean’s scrapebook.
The black-and-white, grainy footage records a brilliant solo goal from a 1980 friendly in Colombia, when Diego was just 20-years-old, which is now being referenced as a more beautiful goal than the one he scored against England in ’86.
A young stocky Maradona can be made out on the snowy image weaving past player after player, including the keeper, before slapping the ball in the net. It’s quite brilliant.
Watch Diego Maradona’s lost golazo below.
- Diego Maradona climbs on a table to belt out ‘No Woman No Cry’ (Video)
- Man City’s Martin Demichelis picks his greatest XI of all time ft. Messi & M...
- Diego Maradona puts in terrible challenge on grandson Benjamin Aguero [video]
- Diego Maradona backed to be new head of FIFA by Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro [Vi...
- Diego Maradona brands FIFA ‘liars’ in stunning rant against organisation [V...
- Diego Maradona’s response to the FIFA arrests was typically blunt [Picture]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi