- Liverpool v Stoke: Predicted line-ups, preview & betting tips
- Frenchman Benjamin Stambouli thinks Spurs can win the Premier League [Evening Standard]
- West Brom v Arsenal: Predicted line-ups, preview & betting tips
- He’s cursed! Crazy injury graphic of Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere [Picture]
- Awesome! Rayo Vallecano relocate & pay lifetime rent for 85 year old homeless lady [Video]
The graphic that proves Chelsea would be MENTAL to sell Juan Mata to Man United
What the hell is Jose Mourinho doing?!
Juan Mata is an assist king. The graphic above proves that.
Only David Silva and Wayne Rooney better the output of Mata and this is just in terms of assists.
Mata, a valued member of Spain’s national team squad, has been player of the year in both his full seasons at Stamford Bridge.
Since arriving from Valencia, Mata has won the Champions League, FA Cup and Europa League at Chelsea.
Last season, had it not been for Gareth Bale and Robin van Persie, we would have said Mata is the very best player in the Premier League.
Sure, the likes of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Willian all work harder than Mata defensively, but what happens if one of those three gets tired or injured in the run-in?
You get the feeling that the only Chelsea boss that could sell Juan Mata is Jose Mourinho. Imagine the outcry had Rafa Benitez got rid of the Spaniard.
As for United, what a signing this could be for David Moyes!
A front three of Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Mata almost guarantees goals and subsequently wins.
Sure, Mata may not fit into United’s traditional 4-4-2 strategy but world class players are surely always welcome at Old Trafford.
Especially when the likes of Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young and Tom Cleverley have been playing regularly this season!
- Updated: January 22, 2014