The graphic that proves Chelsea would be MENTAL to sell Juan Mata to Man United
- January 22, 2014
What the hell is Jose Mourinho doing?!
Juan Mata is an assist king. The graphic above proves that.
Only David Silva and Wayne Rooney better the output of Mata and this is just in terms of assists.
Mata, a valued member of Spain’s national team squad, has been player of the year in both his full seasons at Stamford Bridge.
Since arriving from Valencia, Mata has won the Champions League, FA Cup and Europa League at Chelsea.
Last season, had it not been for Gareth Bale and Robin van Persie, we would have said Mata is the very best player in the Premier League.
Sure, the likes of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Willian all work harder than Mata defensively, but what happens if one of those three gets tired or injured in the run-in?
You get the feeling that the only Chelsea boss that could sell Juan Mata is Jose Mourinho. Imagine the outcry had Rafa Benitez got rid of the Spaniard.
As for United, what a signing this could be for David Moyes!
A front three of Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Mata almost guarantees goals and subsequently wins.
Sure, Mata may not fit into United’s traditional 4-4-2 strategy but world class players are surely always welcome at Old Trafford.
Especially when the likes of Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young and Tom Cleverley have been playing regularly this season!
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...