The final fee paid by Barcelona to Liverpool for Luis Suarez is: £58m [El Mundo Deportivo]
- July 9, 2014
If Gareth Bale’s transfer from Spurs to Real Madrid is anything to go by, we can expect two different figures to be pushed by the Spanish and English press once Luis Suarez does move from Liverpool to Barcelona.
El Mundo Deportivo report on Wednesday that the deal taking Suarez from Anfield to the Nou Camp looks likely to be announced today.
And, they trumpet the fact that Barcelona have claimed a 20 million euro reduction on the release clause for foreign clubs in Suarez’s contract.
They claim Barcelona will pay between 70 and 73 million euros for Luis Suarez.
El Mundo suggest that Suarez’s release clause was set at 95 million euros for foreign clubs, hence the 20 million euros reduction.
Suarez is currently in Montevideo waiting for the deal to be completed so he can travel to Barcelona for the formalities of the transfer.
At a maximum fee of 73 million euros, it appears Liverpool have received no more than 58 million pounds for Luis Suarez.
That bite on Giorgio Chiellini looks to have cost Liverpool a fair amount of cash… Or would the Uruguayan striker have left for cheap anyway?
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...