The final fee paid by Barcelona to Liverpool for Luis Suarez is: £58m [El Mundo Deportivo]
- July 9, 2014
If Gareth Bale’s transfer from Spurs to Real Madrid is anything to go by, we can expect two different figures to be pushed by the Spanish and English press once Luis Suarez does move from Liverpool to Barcelona.
El Mundo Deportivo report on Wednesday that the deal taking Suarez from Anfield to the Nou Camp looks likely to be announced today.
And, they trumpet the fact that Barcelona have claimed a 20 million euro reduction on the release clause for foreign clubs in Suarez’s contract.
They claim Barcelona will pay between 70 and 73 million euros for Luis Suarez.
El Mundo suggest that Suarez’s release clause was set at 95 million euros for foreign clubs, hence the 20 million euros reduction.
Suarez is currently in Montevideo waiting for the deal to be completed so he can travel to Barcelona for the formalities of the transfer.
At a maximum fee of 73 million euros, it appears Liverpool have received no more than 58 million pounds for Luis Suarez.
That bite on Giorgio Chiellini looks to have cost Liverpool a fair amount of cash… Or would the Uruguayan striker have left for cheap anyway?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...