The final fee paid by Barcelona to Liverpool for Luis Suarez is: £58m [El Mundo Deportivo]
- July 9, 2014
If Gareth Bale’s transfer from Spurs to Real Madrid is anything to go by, we can expect two different figures to be pushed by the Spanish and English press once Luis Suarez does move from Liverpool to Barcelona.
El Mundo Deportivo report on Wednesday that the deal taking Suarez from Anfield to the Nou Camp looks likely to be announced today.
And, they trumpet the fact that Barcelona have claimed a 20 million euro reduction on the release clause for foreign clubs in Suarez’s contract.
They claim Barcelona will pay between 70 and 73 million euros for Luis Suarez.
El Mundo suggest that Suarez’s release clause was set at 95 million euros for foreign clubs, hence the 20 million euros reduction.
Suarez is currently in Montevideo waiting for the deal to be completed so he can travel to Barcelona for the formalities of the transfer.
At a maximum fee of 73 million euros, it appears Liverpool have received no more than 58 million pounds for Luis Suarez.
That bite on Giorgio Chiellini looks to have cost Liverpool a fair amount of cash… Or would the Uruguayan striker have left for cheap anyway?
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Barcelona will bid €80-90m for Juventus star Paul Pogba this week [Sport + Mundo Deport...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi