- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
The final fee paid by Barcelona to Liverpool for Luis Suarez is: £58m [El Mundo Deportivo]
If Gareth Bale’s transfer from Spurs to Real Madrid is anything to go by, we can expect two different figures to be pushed by the Spanish and English press once Luis Suarez does move from Liverpool to Barcelona.
El Mundo Deportivo report on Wednesday that the deal taking Suarez from Anfield to the Nou Camp looks likely to be announced today.
And, they trumpet the fact that Barcelona have claimed a 20 million euro reduction on the release clause for foreign clubs in Suarez’s contract.
They claim Barcelona will pay between 70 and 73 million euros for Luis Suarez.
El Mundo suggest that Suarez’s release clause was set at 95 million euros for foreign clubs, hence the 20 million euros reduction.
Suarez is currently in Montevideo waiting for the deal to be completed so he can travel to Barcelona for the formalities of the transfer.
At a maximum fee of 73 million euros, it appears Liverpool have received no more than 58 million pounds for Luis Suarez.
That bite on Giorgio Chiellini looks to have cost Liverpool a fair amount of cash… Or would the Uruguayan striker have left for cheap anyway?
- Updated: July 9, 2014