The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Theo Walcott sounds like Conor McGregor, reveals secret to his resurgence (Video)September 27, 2016
- Santi Cazorla picks his all-time Arsenal XI, includes 1 player from current side (video)September 27, 2016
- Good news for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger confirms Francis Coquelin’s comeback timetableSeptember 27, 2016
- Taulant Xhaka: Granit needs more playing time at Arsenal [Blick]September 27, 2016
- Jack Wilshere badly struggles on full Bournemouth debut v Manchester City [Tweets]September 17, 2016
- Arsene Wenger calls Jack Wilshere ‘world class’ and states his hopes for the midfielder (Video)September 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger didn’t want Jack Wilshere to join Bournemouth [Sun]September 4, 2016
- Arsenal Fan TV regulars talk transfer window and legends (Video)September 3, 2016