The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
- December 18, 2013
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...