The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
- Mathieu Debuchy tipped to leave Arsenal in move to Serie A [Corriere dello Sport]
- Arsenal & Spurs target Adrien Rabiot set for January Ligue 1 exit [L’Equipe]
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker reveals all about his upbringing & life in Germany...
- Arsenal set for transfer swoop of Ajax wonderkid Riechedly Bazoer (video)
- Wojciech Szczesny celebrates Arsenal win at Spurs on Instagram, tags Jack Wilshere
- Jack Wilshere is out for 3 months, Arsenal will face Zagreb without Aaron Ramsey &...
- Arsenal fans despair at reports that Jack Wilshere could be out until 2016 (Best Tweets)
- Alexis Sanchez should be back for Arsenal in 10 days, Jack Wilshere’s injury was ...