The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
- December 18, 2013
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Watch Petr Cech’s individual highlights for Arsenal v Chelsea in the Community Sh...
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi