The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil feeds a tiger in Dubai, animal paws him in his private parts (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Granit Xhaka reveals details of his Arsenal contract & how Arsene Wenger made the deal happe...May 25th, 2016
- Rumour: Arsenal closing in on a striker, suggestions it’s Leicester’s Jamie VardyMay 25th, 2016
- Granit Xhaka posts lengthy message on Instagram after signing for ArsenalMay 25th, 2016
- Jamie Vardy & Jack Wilshere post-England win, Arsenal man declares himself 100% fit (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere gets engaged to Andriani Michael after his England Euro 2016 call-upMay 17th, 2016
- Mirror leave out crucial information claiming Man City want Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Tweets]May 15th, 2016
- Jack Wilshere speaks about where Arsenal must improve next year (Video)May 11th, 2016