The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
Watch Live Stream
- Claudio Ranieri makes a definitive statement on Arsenal target Riyad Mahrez [BeIN Sports]July 30, 2016
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Jack Wilshere picks his 5-a-side team. His goalie choice was bizarre (Video)July 27, 2016
- Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere ripped apart for woeful performance v Slovakia [Best Tweets]June 20, 2016
- Jack Wilshere’s Twitter tribute to Daniel Agger is both random and very magnanimousJune 9, 2016
- Jamie Vardy & Jack Wilshere post-England win, Arsenal man declares himself 100% fit (Video)May 22, 2016