The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsene Wenger gives a fan bad news about Theo Walcott [Instagram Video]October 26, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez shows his disappointment over the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlistOctober 26, 2016
- Chelsea upload video of Nathaniel Chalobah’s double nutmeg v Man UnitedOctober 26, 2016
- The Ox celebrates Arsenal win over Reading with dressing room picture on InstagramOctober 26, 2016
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere speaks after finally playing 90 minutes for Bournemouth (Video)October 22, 2016
- Eureka: Jack Wilshere plays 90 minutes of football for Bournemouth v Spurs [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere (Bournemouth) tops table for Premier League passing accuracyOctober 21, 2016