The FA is giving Wilshere the finger! Gunner gets 2 game ban, Liverpool’s Suarez & Spurs’ Carr got 1 apiece
Arsenal fans have reacted badly to the news that Jack Wilshere has received a two game ban for his lewd finger salute during the Man City game.
Whilst Arsenal and Wilshere are willing to accept a charge from the FA, the two-game ban is being challenged following similar precedents down the years.
In December 2011, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was slapped with only a one game suspension, while also being fined £20,000, after he made a gesture to home fans as he walked off the pitch following a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.
Interesting, during the Suarez case, the FA referred to a case involving the then Birmingham defender Stephen Carr, who also received just a one-game ban and a £10,000 fine for swearing at Aston Villa fans back in 2010.
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez passes Arsenal medical, deal to be done this weekend [Mirror]August 26, 2016
- Shkodran Mustafi will be a big upgrade on Per Mertesacker at Arsenal (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Rob Holding doesn’t know what an Oyster Card is (Video)August 26, 2016
- Jack Wilshere’s pre-season tweet makes for funny reading after Arsenal 3 – Liverpool 4August 15, 2016
- Arsenal announce squad for tour of Scandinavia; Jack Wilshere misses out through injuryAugust 4, 2016
- Arsene Wenger explains why Jack Wilshere didn’t play in 3-1 win against Chivas (Video)August 1, 2016
- Jack Wilshere picks his 5-a-side team. His goalie choice was bizarre (Video)July 27, 2016