- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
The Double Penalty Madness: Muller misses, 2nd pen given for hand ball, Alaba scores! (Bayern – Gladbach)
Just to say that the first penalti hit my leg before rebounding into my arm and the second is with the shoulder, not arm… Ridiculous
— Alvaro Dominguez (@Adominguez15) August 9, 2013
Gladbach’s Alvaro Dominguez proved a pretty handy compatriot for Pep Guardiola on his Buli debut.
The Spaniard – who ironically replaced Dante at Gladbach – gave away a penalty with the game at a crucial stage (2-1 to Bayern) for a deliberate hand ball (though as the above Tweet shows, Dominguez claims it struck his shoulder.
Fair enough, shit happens.
Thomas Muller stepped up to take the penalty, had it saved by Ter Stegen.
This is when Dominguez had the biggest brain fart imaginable, and quite possibly made history in the process (surely the same player has never given away two penalties in the same play before?!)
Dominguez handled yet again in the rebound scramble, and a second penalty was given!
Muller decided to step aside this time, and let chief penalty taker David Alaba do the necessary.
The young Austrian scored as per, and Bayern went on to win 3-1.
Dominguez can at least console himself with a place in the history books…
[gthumb id="342479" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: August 9, 2013