- Lionel Messi sits shotgun as Gerard Pique test drives a new Audi in reckless fashion [Video]
- Singapore midfielder Hariss Harun scores cracking volley in win over Myanmar [Video]
- PSG attacker Lucas casually juggles the ball and balances it on his head in training [Video]
- Feyenoord fans unfurl amazing banner depicting Rotterdam hero Piet Hein capturing Spanish treasure fleet against Sevilla
- Thierry Henry hints that he would like to return to Arsenal as a coach so he can win Champions League
Cruelest Goal of the Week: Rayo’s female goalie falls on her bum in 95th minute v Atletico
It’s been called the worst goal of the week in Spain.
Last weekend in the Spanish women’s football league, a thrilling match played out as Atletico Madrid drew 3-3 with Rayo Vallecano.
With seven minutes remaining in the game, Rayo looked dead-certs to secure all three points as they held a 3-1 lead. But then Nagore scored for Atleti in the 83rd minute, which set up a nervous finale which ultimately saw Rayo fall apart in comical fashion.
In the fifth minute of injury time, and with Atleti’s hopes all but snuffed out, the Rojablancos centre-half hoofed a long ball up-field in search of her centre-forward.
The danger appeared to be nullified when Rayo defender Marta Costa cut out the long punt with a cushioned header back to her keeper Ali, but the goalie suffered a spectacular screw-up as she tripped up whilst backtracking, leaving the ball to dribble into the open goal.
Watch the Rayo Vallecano goalie’s epic FAIL below.
- Updated: May 1, 2013