Cruelest Goal of the Week: Rayo’s female goalie falls on her bum in 95th minute v Atletico
- May 1, 2013
It’s been called the worst goal of the week in Spain.
Last weekend in the Spanish women’s football league, a thrilling match played out as Atletico Madrid drew 3-3 with Rayo Vallecano.
With seven minutes remaining in the game, Rayo looked dead-certs to secure all three points as they held a 3-1 lead. But then Nagore scored for Atleti in the 83rd minute, which set up a nervous finale which ultimately saw Rayo fall apart in comical fashion.
In the fifth minute of injury time, and with Atleti’s hopes all but snuffed out, the Rojablancos centre-half hoofed a long ball up-field in search of her centre-forward.
The danger appeared to be nullified when Rayo defender Marta Costa cut out the long punt with a cushioned header back to her keeper Ali, but the goalie suffered a spectacular screw-up as she tripped up whilst backtracking, leaving the ball to dribble into the open goal.
Watch the Rayo Vallecano goalie’s epic FAIL below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...