Cruelest Goal of the Week: Rayo’s female goalie falls on her bum in 95th minute v Atletico
- May 1, 2013
It’s been called the worst goal of the week in Spain.
Last weekend in the Spanish women’s football league, a thrilling match played out as Atletico Madrid drew 3-3 with Rayo Vallecano.
With seven minutes remaining in the game, Rayo looked dead-certs to secure all three points as they held a 3-1 lead. But then Nagore scored for Atleti in the 83rd minute, which set up a nervous finale which ultimately saw Rayo fall apart in comical fashion.
In the fifth minute of injury time, and with Atleti’s hopes all but snuffed out, the Rojablancos centre-half hoofed a long ball up-field in search of her centre-forward.
The danger appeared to be nullified when Rayo defender Marta Costa cut out the long punt with a cushioned header back to her keeper Ali, but the goalie suffered a spectacular screw-up as she tripped up whilst backtracking, leaving the ball to dribble into the open goal.
Watch the Rayo Vallecano goalie’s epic FAIL below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi