Cruelest Goal of the Week: Rayo’s female goalie falls on her bum in 95th minute v Atletico
- May 1, 2013
It’s been called the worst goal of the week in Spain.
Last weekend in the Spanish women’s football league, a thrilling match played out as Atletico Madrid drew 3-3 with Rayo Vallecano.
With seven minutes remaining in the game, Rayo looked dead-certs to secure all three points as they held a 3-1 lead. But then Nagore scored for Atleti in the 83rd minute, which set up a nervous finale which ultimately saw Rayo fall apart in comical fashion.
In the fifth minute of injury time, and with Atleti’s hopes all but snuffed out, the Rojablancos centre-half hoofed a long ball up-field in search of her centre-forward.
The danger appeared to be nullified when Rayo defender Marta Costa cut out the long punt with a cushioned header back to her keeper Ali, but the goalie suffered a spectacular screw-up as she tripped up whilst backtracking, leaving the ball to dribble into the open goal.
Watch the Rayo Vallecano goalie’s epic FAIL below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...