The Champions League draw: Expect Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool & Chelsea to go through!
As ever, putting the best 32 teams in Europe together has produced a fascinating draw.
An early thought and explanation: All four English teams should go through.
As is so often the case, it looks like Chelsea have an easy draw.
Schalke, Sporting and a Portuguese return for Jose Mourinho should prove no problem for Chelsea.
Mourinho right now pic.twitter.com/ez95ZLp2CM
— Manchester United™ (@ManUtdDebates) August 28, 2014
Similarly, Arsenal’s group is winnable. Borussia Dortmund should hold no fear having faced them in three of the last four group phases.
Whilst on paper Arsenal should progress past Anderlecht and Galatasaray.
Liverpool have drawn the glamour tie – holders Real Madrid – full of Galacticos – but in three matches in European competition, the Merseyside giants have beaten the Spaniards every time.
Real Madrid have struggled at Anfield before! pic.twitter.com/UEOb1xfYE7
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) August 28, 2014
Basel are unlikely to be the force they were under Paulo Sousa with highly rated coach Murat Yakin having departed. And, despite the heroics of Cosmin Moti, Liverpool should finish second at a minimum in Group B.
Finally, Manchester City have bagged a tough draw again. Bayern, a trip to Russia and Roma (Ashley Cole).
Manuel Pellegrini will have to play smart with his reduced (due to FFP) Manchester City squad.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal are big winners from the Sky Blues meltdown v ChelseaDecember 3, 2016
- Carl Jenkinson dropped as Wenger admits he’s been affected by Arsenal fans’ Twitter abuseDecember 3, 2016
- Santi Cazorla reassures Arsenal fans over injury timeline (Video)December 2, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016
- Pep Guardiola seriously snubbed Cesc Fabregas after Man City 1 – Chelsea 3 (video)December 3, 2016
- Diego Costa’s reaction to the Man City v Chelsea fight was awesome (Video)December 3, 2016
- Bad sport Pep Guardiola mocked the ref & snubbed Chelsea players (Video)December 3, 2016
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa & David Luiz pay tribute to Chapecoense compatriots (Video)December 3, 2016
- Bournemouth v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 3, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016