- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
The Bucharest derby was eventful: An amazing tifo, a ridiculous volley & insane ultras fight
Sunday night in Romania brought the biggest match in the domestic football calendar as capital rivals Dinamo and Steaua met in round four of the league campaign.
Steaua, the reigning champs, triumphed 2-1 away at Dinamo, and the contest was littered with talking points.
Before kick off, Dinamo’s home fans stole the plaudits as they unveiled an incredible tifo which took onlookers breathe away. The display paid tribute to Catalin Hildan and Florea Dumitriche, two club heroes who have passed on, with the legends given angel wings to denote their positions in heaven.
When the game started though, it was Steaua who grabbed the limelight.
Just four minutes of the derby had passed before defender Iasmin Latovlevici opened the scoring with a rocket of a volley from 35-yards out. It was a blistering strike, and one of the goals of the weekend.
Not everything on display at Dinamo’s Arena Națională stadium though was good viewing. During the match ultras from the rivals Bucharest factions got into a nasty fist fight in the stands.
Shirtless Romanian thugs were filmed beating the crap out of each other before riot police stepped in to restore order through the threat and administration of more violence against the ultras.
Footage of the deplorable fighting between Dinamo and Steaua fans can be seen below.
- Updated: August 12, 2013