- Barcelona confirm ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelean out for 4-6 months; Surgery on Tuesday
- Jokes! Cristiano Ronaldo held back by Pepe to stop him fighting Gareth Bale [Video]
- Spurs Fan Footage: Erik Lamela incredible skills & shot saved by Partizan keeper [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: “Jack Wilshere deals very well with kicks & tackles” [Video]
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez frustrated with his bad reputation [Video]
The Boy’s A Bit Special: John ‘Xuxuh’ Hilton (12) – Chivas USA’s US-Brazilian Wunderkid
John Kenneth Hilton AKA ‘Xuxuh’: remember the name.
Xuxuh has been on the soccer radar Stateside ever since being called in to the USA under-14s training camp at just 11.
The 12 year-old Chivas USA player is now causing a sensation much further afield after being voted MVP in a trial with Manchester City’s under-12s group, and this clip of him training, Rocky-style along with his awesome City trial has now emerged demonstrating just why the Citizens offered him a trial.
The trial tournament involved Europe’s best youth academy’s and even featured Barcelona’s La Masia.
The incredible dribbling ability displayed at such a young age make sense when you consider his genes: Xuxuh is half-Brazilian (maternally), while his father is North American.
While the clip below is truly astounding for the Forrest Gump-like pace the kid has, the Spartan training regime he’s evidently already following, coupled with the militaristic (not to say cheesy as hell) phrases being thrown at him – ‘You never express pain, right?’, are a bit extreme to say the least, with his mentors already earmarking him for greatness.
Of course the big question will be, who will he go for – the US or Brazil?
[gthumb id="351161" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: September 4, 2013