- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
The Boy’s A Bit Special: Adnan Januzaj’s (Man United) Individual Highlights v Sevilla
OK, so Rio’s Testimonial was a bit embarrassing, losing and all, but it wasn’t all bad news for United.
Because the awesome performance of Adnan Januzaj has got United fans salivating at the prospect of the young Belgian breaking into the United first team and becoming the elusive creative midfielder they’ve been yearning so long for.
So, who is he?
Well, he’s so raw that even after last night’s showing, he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page!
He’s 18, Belgian, and was signed from Anderlecht.
Having won the Manchester United Reserves’ Player of the Year award last season, Januzaj came in for high praise from outgoing manager Sir Alex: “Adnan is a beautifully-balanced player,” said Sir Alex. “He’s only 18 and has to grow into his frame but he he has good balance, good acceleration and is a very good technical player.
United fans are almost unanimous that far from this being a one off, he’s been United’s best player in pre-season, particularly shining in the 3-2 defeat to Cerezo Osaka.
So, can he be the missing link United have been waiting for?
If so, all they have to do is come up with a nickname. Because ‘Januzaj’ is going to be a nightmare for commentators…
[gthumb id="342628" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: August 10, 2013