The Bolivian billionaire of FC Bolivar is trying to coax David Beckham out of retirement
- December 25, 2013
It’s probably going to end up as nothing more than a publicity stunt, but Bolivian champions FC Bolivar are trying to sign David Beckham.
Bolivar owner and telecoms tycoon Marcelo Claure this week spoke to local newspaper La Razón about the potential Beckham deal, and the wealthy business said the club “are doing everything possible, and David Beckham is a possibility.”
Marcelo Claure and David Beckham are not strangers.
The duo are already in talks over joint cooperation to bring a new MLS franchise club to Miami, and at meeting between the men in June Beckham was photographed holding an FC Bolivar jersey (see above).
The president of Bolivar, Guido Loayza, has also told reporters David Beckham could represent the club in next season’s Copa Libertadores.
Beckham, 38, retired at the end of last season after winning the Ligue 1 championship with Paris Saint-Germain.
- England stars reflect on reaching World Cup semi-finals & David Beckham sends cong...
- David Beckham posts classy Happy Birthday message to Zinedine Zidane [Instagram]
- Becks posts Instagram tribute to Barcelona and Juve’s midfield maestros
- Manchester United’s Class of ’92: 17-year old David Beckham didn’t la...
- David Beckham scored the record long range MLS goal on this day in 2008 [Video]
- Ex-Arsenal player Brooklyn Beckham shows off his accuracy skills in a new footy video o...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi