The Bluff Penalty FAIL: Oscar Scarione & Pa Madou (St Gallen) v Roman Burki (Grasshopper)
- October 2, 2012
The top-of-the-table clash in Switzerland between Grasshopper and St Gallen produced a brilliant moment on Monday night as we saw an innovative penalty move that failed to fool the keeper.
Grasshopper leap frogged St Gallen into first position in the Swiss Super League thanks to a solitary goal from Nassim Ben Khalifa on 38.
But, St Gallen could well have secured a draw as they were awarded a penalty on 73 minutes and attempted a clever bluff to convert.
Argentine number 10 Oscar Scarrione looked like he would take the penalty but simply drifted back into the group of players as if on his run up.
Cue, Pa Madou who ran up to take the kick and surely the late switch of man, missed by the cameraman as well, would fool Roman Burki in the Grasshopper goal…
Or maybe not…
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”239367″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...