The best Twitter reaction to reports that Brazil could call on Neymar for World Cup final
- July 7, 2014
Undoubtedly the story of the night, news broke earlier about how Brazilian media outlets were reporting that there was a minor chance that Neymar would be able to play the World Cup final, should they make it there.
This idea doesn’t appear to be the most well-thought out one. First of all, why would Brazil need to do this if they can get past Germany in the semi-final in the absence of Neymar?
Secondly, those who do not learn from history are cursed to repeat it. And if Brazil do not learn from the Ronaldo fiasco of 1998 then Neymar will be vulnerable to long-term injury and the team is only reducing chances of claiming a sixth World Cup.
The reaction on Twitter was a mixture of bemusement and astonishment.
Brazilian Football Confederation torpedo any chance of Neymar making a comeback in the World Cup
— Fernando Duarte (@Fernando_Duarte) July 6, 2014
So, Neymar's family is against it. Means 90% unlikely, unless Neymar himself forces it on Wednesday against his family's will.
— Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStats) July 6, 2014
If you were playing against Neymar in the final and you knew he had a fractured vertebrae, what would you do?
— Jonny. (@jonnysfootyblog) July 6, 2014
Finding this talk about #BRA doctors rushing Neymar back for a possible final very worrying. He has a broken back. Has to recover fully.
— Sam Kelly (@HEGS_com) July 6, 2014
@Okwonga Neymar's return would be the unlikest return since Daniel-san got his leg swept by Johnny from the Cobra Kai in Karate Kid 1.
— Jonas Giæver (@CheGiaevara) July 6, 2014
Brazil press suggest there is a chance Neymar may play in the final. If he does it will end up like Ronaldo in 1998 & possibly more damaging
— Rik Sharma (@riksharma_) July 6, 2014
Brazilian websites say Neymar may consider injections if they reach final. Hmm. Didn't go so well for Ronaldo in 98. http://t.co/LtljAOqKTl
— Owen Gibson (@owen_g) July 6, 2014
If Brazil can defeat Germany without Neymar then why would they even consider the need to risk him in the final? It doesn't make sense.
— James McGlade (@BabboPieta) July 6, 2014
- Brazil beat Colombia in the Pan Am final, sub Maurine scored an olimpico golazo with he...
- Chelsea’s Lucas Piazon scored a quality goal for Brazil at the Pan American Games...
- Fluminense unveil the signing of ex Barcelona superstar Ronaldinho to thousands of fans...
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil pays for 11 more operations for sick Brazilian children [Quotes]
- Amazing: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller trolls Brazil a year on from the 7-1 defea...
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi