- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
The best Tweets on Robin van Persie’s wonder goal v Aston Villa
- Updated: April 22, 2013
He wears number 20 on the back of his Manchester United shirt and it took just 13 minutes for Robin van Persie to all but seal the 20th title against Aston Villa.
The first goal may have owed much to Ryan Giggs’ assist but the second goal was a work of genius as Wayne Rooney’s chipped through ball was converted with aplomb by RVP.
It immediately saw calls for “The Goal of the Season” and Arsenal fans were bemoaning that this was what van Persie used to do at the Emirates.
The best Twitter reaction is below.
That was one of those passes from Rooney that was so inviting it would have been rude not to volley it perfectly into the bottom corner
— Ben Hibbs (@BenHibbs) April 22, 2013
Van Persie absolutely Di Nataled that in
— Michael Cox (@Zonal_Marking) April 22, 2013
One of the many remarkable aspects of that goal was distance Van Persie covered as the ball dropped out the air. Quite difficult to do …
— Sam Wallace (@SamWallaceIndy) April 22, 2013
Robin van Basten 2 Aston Villa 0
— Martyn Ziegler (@martynziegler) April 22, 2013
Goal of the Season for me. Still a C*** though.
— Arsene’s Eyes (@Arsenes_Eyes) April 22, 2013
Van Persie really wants to that guard of honor at the Emirates.
— dirtytackle (@BrooksDT) April 22, 2013
We sold Van Pursestrings for £24m – ironically, the exact amount we’ll lose if we don’t finish in top 4 & qualify for CL. #WorstBusinessEver
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) April 22, 2013
Love how in the replays you can see Fergie, stunned, mouth, “What a fucking goal!” And he’s seen some.
— Danny Baker (@prodnose) April 22, 2013