The best Tweets on Ian Holloway leaving Crystal Palace by mutual consent
- October 23, 2013
After losing 4-1 on Monday night to Fulham, leaving them second bottom of the Premier League with just one point, Crystal Palace have parted company with manager Ian Holloway.
Holloway, who lead Palace to promoted in the Championship playoff final, was allowed to bring in 14 players over the summer transfer window but things haven’t gelled all that well.
Palace have looked well out of their depth since returning to the top flight, and the Eagles looked destined to become the first club to yo-yo between the Premier League and Championship on five occasions.
But did anyone really expect much more for the South Londoners this season? Wasn’t relegation always going to happen?
Below are some of the best tweets on the news that Ian Holloway has left Crystal Palace by mutual consent.
If Holloway stayed at Palace, they were definitely going to be relegated. Who can blame the chairman for rolling the dice?
— Luke Aaron Moore (@lukeymoore) October 23, 2013
Palace co-Chairman Steve Parish at 7.36pm on Monday: “Ian’s the right person for this football club, right now. We all take responsibility.”
— James Fielden (@James_Fielden) October 23, 2013
Next Palace manager. Easy choice: Alex McLeish. Safe choice: Tony Pulis. Bold choice: Martin Allen. Comedy choice: Florian Marange.
— Jonathan Liew (@jonathanliew) October 23, 2013
Ian Holloway: As manager of Crystal Palace, Holloway has won just 12 of the 40 league matches he has taken charge of (excluding playoffs)
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) October 23, 2013
Holloway knew the job was a choisoned palace.
— Jonny Gould (@jonnygould) October 23, 2013
- Chelsea loanee Patrick Bamford scores 20-minute hat-trick for Crystal Palace (Video)
- Rui Patricio (Sporting CP) makes Gordon Banks-esque save to deny Crystal Palace (Video)
- Patrick Bamford admits it was an easy decision to leave Chelsea for Crystal Palace [Video]
- Patrick Bamford moves to Crystal Palace on season-long loan after signing new Chelsea deal
- Chelsea’s Patrick Bamford set for 1-year loan deal at Crystal Palace [Mail]
- Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is lauded for having ‘Pards’ printed on his...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi