The best Tweets on Ian Holloway leaving Crystal Palace by mutual consent
After losing 4-1 on Monday night to Fulham, leaving them second bottom of the Premier League with just one point, Crystal Palace have parted company with manager Ian Holloway.
Holloway, who lead Palace to promoted in the Championship playoff final, was allowed to bring in 14 players over the summer transfer window but things haven’t gelled all that well.
Palace have looked well out of their depth since returning to the top flight, and the Eagles looked destined to become the first club to yo-yo between the Premier League and Championship on five occasions.
But did anyone really expect much more for the South Londoners this season? Wasn’t relegation always going to happen?
Below are some of the best tweets on the news that Ian Holloway has left Crystal Palace by mutual consent.
If Holloway stayed at Palace, they were definitely going to be relegated. Who can blame the chairman for rolling the dice?
— Luke Aaron Moore (@lukeymoore) October 23, 2013
Palace co-Chairman Steve Parish at 7.36pm on Monday: “Ian’s the right person for this football club, right now. We all take responsibility.”
— James Fielden (@James_Fielden) October 23, 2013
Next Palace manager. Easy choice: Alex McLeish. Safe choice: Tony Pulis. Bold choice: Martin Allen. Comedy choice: Florian Marange.
— Jonathan Liew (@jonathanliew) October 23, 2013
Ian Holloway: As manager of Crystal Palace, Holloway has won just 12 of the 40 league matches he has taken charge of (excluding playoffs)
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) October 23, 2013
Holloway knew the job was a choisoned palace.
— Jonny Gould (@jonnygould) October 23, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Crystal Palace’s Yohan Cabaye online gaming proves he’s still a Newcastle fan (Video)December 4, 2016
- Pape Souare talks about car crash, admits his career is ‘in God’s hands’ [BBC Audio]December 1, 2016
- Alan Pardew is demanding a massive pay-off from Crystal Palace [Times]December 1, 2016
- Man United & Crystal Palace supremos join Gary Lineker & Max Branning from Eastenders on a night outNovember 30, 2016
- Ian Holloway defends Jose Mourinho, wants to ‘get his little face smiling’ (Video)November 29, 2016
- Aston Villa owner Tony Xia launches furious attack on Ian Holloway [Twitter]August 1, 2016
- Millwall boss Ian Holloway condemns fans for ‘obscene’ Jimmy Saville chants during game v LeedsAugust 9, 2014
- Ian Holloway back to his best with some classic wisecracks at his Millwall unveiling [Video]January 10, 2014