The best tweets as Zoopla enemy Nicolas Anelka plays for West Brom against Everton
- January 20, 2014
Nicolas Anelka has been in the middle of a media storm since his ‘quenelle’ gesture celebration.
The West Brom striker has featured for West Brom since and led the line for him against Everton, despite Zoopla today ending their sponsorship deal due to Anelka’s actions.
Anelka’s anti-semitic gesture has caused much anger and discussion on social media.
Tonight was no different and some users made some interesting points.
PR masterstroke by Zoopla – at least least 5 days' publicity w/Anelka criticism. Not renewing w/West Brom would usually be a minor story
— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) January 20, 2014
WBA fans singing Anelka's name. At what point does football tribalism become neanderthal ignorance? http://t.co/lgFHQeU7Tl
— Ed Malyon (@eaamalyon) January 20, 2014
The way West Brom fans are supporting Anelka in his hour of need is just as touching as the backing given to Suarez and Terry last season.
— Daniel Harris (@DanielHarris) January 20, 2014
"I cannot express how disappointed I am that Anelka, leaving the pitch, did not kiss the Zoopla logo on his shirt." http://t.co/a741HbPNGx
— Mike Taylor (@MikeTaylor) January 20, 2014
Anelka was peripheral. Didn't he know we wanted to write about him? #inconsideratefacist
— Mick Dennis (@MickDennisReal) January 20, 2014
Fuquenelle Anelka! You silly man…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...