The best tweets as Liverpool hung on to beat Sunderland 2-1 at Anfield
In the end it was nerve-wrecking for the Kop.
Liverpool beat Sunderland 2-1 at Anfield on Wednesday night to move back into second place in the Premier League, and boost the Scousers hopes of scalping the title from Man City and Chelsea.
Liverpool’s goals came from captain Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge, while a diving header from sub Ki gave SUnderland a foothold in the match.
Liverpool have now won seven matches on the trot, while Sunderland have still never won a Premier League fixture at Anfield.
The best tweets after Liverpool beat the Black Cats are below.
AS IT STANDS at the top of the #BPL: 1 Chelsea P 31 Pts 69, 2 Liverpool P 31 Pts 68, 3 Man City P 29 Pts 66, 4 Arsenal P 31 Pts 63
— Premier League (@premierleague) March 26, 2014
Not pretty but we won & that is THE ONLY thing that matters. 7th win in a row and the dream is still very much alive. Bring on Sunday..
— MostarLFC (@MostarLFC) March 26, 2014
Full time – and breath! pic.twitter.com/fIoFWvsmAj
— This Is Anfield (@thisisanfield) March 26, 2014
Liverpool have prospered by playing at 100mph this season but could have done with slowing game down tonight. Sighs of relief at Anfield.
— Jonathan Northcroft (@JNorthcroft) March 26, 2014
Lpool's 7th straight win. City won 8 in a row between Dec and Jan. No other team has won more than 5 in a row this season.
— Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) March 26, 2014
We are Liverpool https://t.co/bohrDQsuli
— Kop 305 (@Kop305) March 26, 2014
Liverpool 2-1 Sunderland FT. Shots: 21-12. Possession: 58%-42%. Key passes: 13-11. Take-ons: 13-3. Tackles won: 13-23. Interceptions: 15-7.
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) March 26, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016
- Man City keeper Joe Hart a target for several Serie A clubs [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Golazo: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj scores sublime winner for Sunderland (Video)August 24, 2016
- Boro’s Cristhian Stuani & Man United’s Marcus Rashford now have something in commonAugust 21, 2016
- Sunderland new boy Adnan Januzaj admits his favourite goal was against Sunderland (Video)August 20, 2016