The best Tweets as Liverpool announce £25m signing of Adam Lallana
It had been rumoured for weeks, so there was no real surprise when Adam Lallana was announced as Liverpool’s latest signing from Southampton.
According to all reports, Liverpool have paid 25 million pounds for the England midfielder who should fit in well to Brendan Rodgers’ style of play at Anfield.
Whilst reaction was generally positive, there were plenty wondering on Twitter whether Lallana was too expensive at 25 million pounds.
And, of course, recent high-profile English signings such as Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing did no go so well at Anfield.
Amongst the most amusing Tweets was one from back in December by Southampton, proving Lallana is an Everton fan.
Liverpool meanwhile appear to have done a good job on social media, with #LallanaLFC one of the top UK trends at the time of posting.
— Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) December 29, 2013
— OutsideoftheBoot.com (@OOTB_football) July 1, 2014
Adam Lallana completed 70 take-ons in the Premier League last season, the same amount as Oscar & Mesut Ozil combined. pic.twitter.com/1RQutdePJZ
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) July 1, 2014
Jesus. Adam Lallana has signed for LFC? Never saw that one coming.
— Feint Zebra (@feintzebra) July 1, 2014
'Lallana, 28, moved to Liverpool for £25m in 2014 but the former Saints star hopes his loan spell at St James' will "kick-start" his career'
— Football Clichés (@FootballCliches) July 1, 2014
Welcome Lallana, i’m very happy for him to be a part of LFC squad, one of my favourite not LFC players last year. Thats Moses upgraded.
— Dan Shepherd (@liverpooldeep) July 1, 2014
I think Lallana has the kind of swagger that Rodgers likes. More likely to shine under BR than in England side, that’s for sure.
— Paul Tomkins (@paul_tomkins) July 1, 2014
Adam "the new Stewart Downing" Lallana.
— Who Ate All The Pies (@waatpies) July 1, 2014
— Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) July 1, 2014
— Alex Goring Crook (@alex_crook) July 1, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Phil Coutinho & Adam Lallana on Liverpool’s 4-3 win at Arsenal (Video)August 14, 2016
- Italy’s Simone Zaza’s quotes add comedy to his awful penalty v GermanyJuly 3, 2016
- Liverpool’s Adam Lallana: England can beat anyone (Video)June 21, 2016
- Liverpool’s Adam Lallana & Jurgen Klopp joke about Tottenham [Echo]May 17, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016
- Southampton’s Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg follows up impressive display with articulate analysis (Video)August 20, 2016
- “He’s ready to play” – Jose Mourinho on Paul Pogba’s fitness pre Man United v Southampton (Video)August 18, 2016
- Man United v Southampton: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 18, 2016
- Paul Pogba set to start for Man United against Southampton [MEN]August 18, 2016