The best Tweets as Cristiano Ronaldo finally scores, but it’s mere consolation as Portugal crash out of World Cup
- June 26, 2014
— STOP THE ILLUMINATI (@Illuminati_Stop) June 26, 2014
So after struggling through this World Cup group stage while carrying two injuries, Cristiano Ronaldo finally got his 2014 WC goal, but it was all too little too late, as Portugal crash out of the World Cup, despite beating Ghana 2-1.
Ironically, Ronaldo’s goal all but sealed the USA’s place in the last 16, and meant nothing to Portugal – unless they’d been able to score 4 more and achieve the 5 goal swing they needed.
As Ian Macintosh pointed out, they actually had enough chances to make that happen in the final 10 minutes – most of which fell to Ronaldo, but they’d left it too late.
To be fair to Ronaldo, he can’t do it all himself, and the mediocrity around him must be heavy on his shoulders: Nani, Veloso and Moutinho were all poor, to say nothing of Eder up front…
— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) June 26, 2014
Very kind of Cristiano to score only once when he could easily have 3 or 4 goals.
— Eric Beard (@BeardEric) June 26, 2014
ALL TIME RECORD- Cristiano Ronaldo is the THIRD player to score in the SIX Final Stages of the World Cup or Euros after Klinsmann and Klose.
— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) June 26, 2014
Are there actually any other Portuguese footballers? It's Ronaldo v Ghana #RONvsGHA
— Jonathan Stevenson (@Stevo_football) June 26, 2014
As if to invoke the mother of all hexes, Portugal have enough chances in the last ten minutes to get the five goal swing.
— Iain Macintosh (@iainmacintosh) June 26, 2014
Hey Ghana goalie. Nice work.
— Who Ate All The Pies (@waatpies) June 26, 2014
Ronaldo is playing so good right now
— Rihanna (@rihanna) June 26, 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo now has as many World Cup goals as Johan Cruyff and Gerry Armstrong.
— Duncan Alexander (@oilysailor) June 26, 2014
Well, @Cristiano, I think that goal has spared you the ignominy of ending up on my Worst World Cup XI of the group stage.
— James Tyler (@JamesTylerESPN) June 26, 2014
- Cristiano Ronaldo pays €30,000 for Wax Statue of himself
- The Sun stitch up Cristiano Ronaldo, Brazilian woman claims she had affair when he was ...
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his greatest fear [Libero Interview]
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi inadvertently photobombing Cristiano Ronaldo goes viral (Picture)
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...