- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
- Fan Footage: Man United fans celebrate Radamel Falcao goal at Villa Park
- Eric Abidal won his last Olympiakos game 5-0 at Kalloni. French legend got the bumps [Video & Pictures]
- Harry Kane & Erik Lamela celebrate Spurs goals v Burnley on Instagram
- Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos has scored as many goals as Barca’s Andres Iniesta in 97 less games
The best tweets and memes about Portugal’s Hugo Almeida (and his mustache)
Portugal striker Hugo Almeida won more plaudits for his mustache than his football in his side’s abysmal first half against Germany.
Almeida hobbled off injured but he had made hardly any contribution on the pitch before that – looking overweight and below-par.
Portugal haven’t been blessed with many great centre-forwards in the last decade or so but Almeida may well be the worst of a bad bunch.
Twitter users weren’t very kind to the striker, as you can see below.
— Jason McIntyre (@jasonrmcintyre) June 16, 2014
— KICKTV (@KICKTV) June 16, 2014
Eder has came on and done more than almeida has in his career
— Jamie Robinson (@jierobinson) June 16, 2014
Does Almeida actually impress in the Turkish League? Awfully overweight. #PortugalvsGermany
— Sam (@samuelJayC) June 16, 2014
Almeida hobbles off. A huge blow for Germany!
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) June 16, 2014
— Turkish-Football.com (@Turkish_Futbol) June 16, 2014
Hugo Almeida's moustache I'd say is the greatest at a World Cup since Claudio Gentile in 1982 (Olaf Thon's the worst by far).
— Jonathan Wilson (@jonawils) June 16, 2014
Do Hugo Almeida and Helder Postiga (and Nuno Gomes before them) hibernate between major tournaments? Or are they cryogenically frozen? #POR
— Jack Lang (@snap_kaka_pop) June 16, 2014
Portugal playing Almeida alongside Ronaldo is like Ferrari employing a goat as their number 2 driver.
— Phil Kitromilides (@PhilKitro) June 16, 2014
- Updated: June 16, 2014