The battle to be the Bundesliga’s top scorer is tight with just two games to play!
- May 1, 2014
While the destination of the Bundesliga title has long been a foregone conclusion, the winner of the division’s top scorer award has been no such thing.
Though Bayern romped to retain their league championship, their leading goalscorer Mario Mandzukic hasn’t run away with the prized Bundesliga cannon given to the best finisher in Germany’s top flight.
Mandzukic is currently tied at the top of the charts with Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski on 18 goals; but the trio of Marco Reus (Dortmund), Adrian Ramos (Hertha Berlin) and Josip Drmic (Nurnberg) follow closely behind with 16 strikes each.
With two games left, any one of the five leading scorers could still finish top of the pile!
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Douglas Costa pulled off a rainbow flick during Bayern Munich win v Leverkusen (officia...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...