The battle to be the Bundesliga’s top scorer is tight with just two games to play!
- May 1, 2014
While the destination of the Bundesliga title has long been a foregone conclusion, the winner of the division’s top scorer award has been no such thing.
Though Bayern romped to retain their league championship, their leading goalscorer Mario Mandzukic hasn’t run away with the prized Bundesliga cannon given to the best finisher in Germany’s top flight.
Mandzukic is currently tied at the top of the charts with Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski on 18 goals; but the trio of Marco Reus (Dortmund), Adrian Ramos (Hertha Berlin) and Josip Drmic (Nurnberg) follow closely behind with 16 strikes each.
With two games left, any one of the five leading scorers could still finish top of the pile!
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has destroyed Mario Gotze, says the player’s agent
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi