- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
The battle to be the Bundesliga’s top scorer is tight with just two games to play!
While the destination of the Bundesliga title has long been a foregone conclusion, the winner of the division’s top scorer award has been no such thing.
Though Bayern romped to retain their league championship, their leading goalscorer Mario Mandzukic hasn’t run away with the prized Bundesliga cannon given to the best finisher in Germany’s top flight.
Mandzukic is currently tied at the top of the charts with Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski on 18 goals; but the trio of Marco Reus (Dortmund), Adrian Ramos (Hertha Berlin) and Josip Drmic (Nurnberg) follow closely behind with 16 strikes each.
With two games left, any one of the five leading scorers could still finish top of the pile!
- Updated: May 1, 2014