The battle for Pichichi in Spain’s Segunda Division: Gerard Deulofeu v Yuri de Souza
- December 25, 2012
The video below comes via the excellent La Masia on Twitter and features one of the most exciting goal scorer battles anywhere in Europe at the midway point of 2012/2013.
Barcelona youngster Gerard Deulofeu is arguably the brightest youngster to come through the ranks at the Catalan giants since Lionel Messi and he is beginning to live up to his billing.
Deulofeu has scored 11 goals this season and with some superb finishes has suggested he could well be playing first team football for Barcelona next season.
On the other end of the spectrum is Yuri de Souza, a 30-year-old Brazilian, who has also scored 11 goals in Spain’s second division for Ponferradina.
Yuri also scored 24 goals last season and looks like a good punt for a La Liga club or top division side elsewhere in Europe, looking for a goal scorer.
The ensuing race to be top goal scorer in Spain’s second division looks set to be fascinating. Video of all Deulofeu and Yuri’s goals this season so far can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...