- Stoke’s Robert Huth is this year’s Scrooge, tweets “I hate Christmas”
- Andy Carroll gives his fiancee Billi Mucklow a secret room in their new house for Christmas [Instagram]
- Watford v Wolves: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Harry Kane’s Christmas message to all Spurs fans [Facebook video]
- Angel Di Maria wants Man United to sign Benfica’s Nicolas Gaitan [Fichajes]
The battle for Pichichi in Spain’s Segunda Division: Gerard Deulofeu v Yuri de Souza
The video below comes via the excellent La Masia on Twitter and features one of the most exciting goal scorer battles anywhere in Europe at the midway point of 2012/2013.
Barcelona youngster Gerard Deulofeu is arguably the brightest youngster to come through the ranks at the Catalan giants since Lionel Messi and he is beginning to live up to his billing.
Deulofeu has scored 11 goals this season and with some superb finishes has suggested he could well be playing first team football for Barcelona next season.
On the other end of the spectrum is Yuri de Souza, a 30-year-old Brazilian, who has also scored 11 goals in Spain’s second division for Ponferradina.
Yuri also scored 24 goals last season and looks like a good punt for a La Liga club or top division side elsewhere in Europe, looking for a goal scorer.
The ensuing race to be top goal scorer in Spain’s second division looks set to be fascinating. Video of all Deulofeu and Yuri’s goals this season so far can be seen below.
- Updated: December 25, 2012