- Sebastian Giovinco two stunning golazos for Toronto FC v Dallas last night [Video]
- Liverpool v Aston Villa [Team Sheets]
- Lionel Messi fell flat on his face celebrating his 400th Barcelona goal yesterday [GIF]
- Ex Newcastle star Obafemi Martins incredible first touch & golazo for Seattle Sounders [GIF & Vine]
- Leaked: Brand new pictures of Manchester United’s 3rd kit for 2015-16
The awkward silence: Beleaguered Roma boss Luis Enrique waits 50 seconds before answering a question
- April 25, 2012
Roma are up against it.
With just five Serie A matches to go, the Giallorossi are playing catch up in the race for the Champions League. They sit five-points adrift of city rivals Lazio following a 4-nil drumming at the hands of Juventus last time out, and manager Luis Enrique appears to be handling the pressure badly.
Ahead of Wednesday’s vital match with Fiorentina, Enrique – who has largely struggled to win over the press since moving to Italy – experienced a painful presser marked by an awkwardly long pause.
Asked to explain Roma’s capitulation in Turin in his Tuesday press conference, Enrique waited a full 50 seconds (save for a brief muttering of “I’m thinking”) before he gave his response.
In a Serie A season in which 18 managers have been sacked amongst the twenty-strong teams this season, this moment of silence is likely to be used against the Roma gaffer should they ultimately fail to reach Europe’s premier club competition.