“The Arsenal board want to spend. Arsene Wenger doesn’t” [Amy Lawrence audio]
- July 30, 2013
We are heading into August, and leaving aside Yaya Sanogo, Arsenal are still yet to spend on a big name player.
Earlier this summer, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told a fans forum that Arsenal now have the ability to spend large sums of money and could even pay the wages of Wayne Rooney (believed to be around 250,000 pounds a week).
So, why haven’t Arsenal spent some of their funds (believed to be at least 70 million pounds) yet?
Gonzalo Higuain reportedly agreed personal terms with the Gunners but moved to Napoli. Whilst, frankly, Arsenal seem to be holding off for players such as Luis Suarez and Marouane Fellaini, who are achievable targets, and would improve the current squad under Arsene Wenger.
On BBC Radio 5 on Monday night, Guardian scribe Amy Lawrence, a well known Arsenal fan with some links to the club, gave her thoughts on why Arsenal haven’t splashed the cash yet.
Could it be that Arsene Wenger is being frugal with Arsenal’s money?
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Aleksandar Mitrović’s pre-Arsenal interview is quite funny in retrospect (Video)
- Wenger post-Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: optimistic of making late transfer deal (Video)
- Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s knee injury, Koscielny’s return (Best Tw...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...