“The Arsenal board want to spend. Arsene Wenger doesn’t” [Amy Lawrence audio]
- July 30, 2013
We are heading into August, and leaving aside Yaya Sanogo, Arsenal are still yet to spend on a big name player.
Earlier this summer, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told a fans forum that Arsenal now have the ability to spend large sums of money and could even pay the wages of Wayne Rooney (believed to be around 250,000 pounds a week).
So, why haven’t Arsenal spent some of their funds (believed to be at least 70 million pounds) yet?
Gonzalo Higuain reportedly agreed personal terms with the Gunners but moved to Napoli. Whilst, frankly, Arsenal seem to be holding off for players such as Luis Suarez and Marouane Fellaini, who are achievable targets, and would improve the current squad under Arsene Wenger.
On BBC Radio 5 on Monday night, Guardian scribe Amy Lawrence, a well known Arsenal fan with some links to the club, gave her thoughts on why Arsenal haven’t splashed the cash yet.
Could it be that Arsene Wenger is being frugal with Arsenal’s money?
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Former Arsenal man Gervinho demanded a helicopter & a private beach to join Al Jaz...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi