“The Arsenal board want to spend. Arsene Wenger doesn’t” [Amy Lawrence audio]
We are heading into August, and leaving aside Yaya Sanogo, Arsenal are still yet to spend on a big name player.
Earlier this summer, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told a fans forum that Arsenal now have the ability to spend large sums of money and could even pay the wages of Wayne Rooney (believed to be around 250,000 pounds a week).
So, why haven’t Arsenal spent some of their funds (believed to be at least 70 million pounds) yet?
Gonzalo Higuain reportedly agreed personal terms with the Gunners but moved to Napoli. Whilst, frankly, Arsenal seem to be holding off for players such as Luis Suarez and Marouane Fellaini, who are achievable targets, and would improve the current squad under Arsene Wenger.
On BBC Radio 5 on Monday night, Guardian scribe Amy Lawrence, a well known Arsenal fan with some links to the club, gave her thoughts on why Arsenal haven’t splashed the cash yet.
Could it be that Arsene Wenger is being frugal with Arsenal’s money?
Watch Live Stream
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- Koscielny thanks Wenger for ‘having balls’ to sign him when he was nobody [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsene Wenger imagines what a chat with God will be like when he dies [Guardian]October 22, 2016
- Mike Dean V Arsenal – How The Gunners really fare?October 21, 2016
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger discusses Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil’s contracts (Video)October 21, 2016