“The Arsenal board want to spend. Arsene Wenger doesn’t” [Amy Lawrence audio]
We are heading into August, and leaving aside Yaya Sanogo, Arsenal are still yet to spend on a big name player.
Earlier this summer, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told a fans forum that Arsenal now have the ability to spend large sums of money and could even pay the wages of Wayne Rooney (believed to be around 250,000 pounds a week).
So, why haven’t Arsenal spent some of their funds (believed to be at least 70 million pounds) yet?
Gonzalo Higuain reportedly agreed personal terms with the Gunners but moved to Napoli. Whilst, frankly, Arsenal seem to be holding off for players such as Luis Suarez and Marouane Fellaini, who are achievable targets, and would improve the current squad under Arsene Wenger.
On BBC Radio 5 on Monday night, Guardian scribe Amy Lawrence, a well known Arsenal fan with some links to the club, gave her thoughts on why Arsenal haven’t splashed the cash yet.
Could it be that Arsene Wenger is being frugal with Arsenal’s money?
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Theo Walcott sounds like Conor McGregor, reveals secret to his resurgence (Video)September 27, 2016
- Santi Cazorla picks his all-time Arsenal XI, includes 1 player from current side (video)September 27, 2016
- Good news for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger confirms Francis Coquelin’s comeback timetableSeptember 27, 2016
- Taulant Xhaka: Granit needs more playing time at Arsenal [Blick]September 27, 2016
- Arsenal receive a worrying Francis Coquelin updateSeptember 25, 2016
- Ex Arsenal man scores Bergkamp esque goal in Eredivisie matchSeptember 25, 2016
- Arsene Wenger Trolls Chelsea & Cesc Fabregas with amusing song (442oons video)September 25, 2016
- Arsene Wenger shares a joke about Jose Mourinho in his presser (Video)September 25, 2016