“The Arsenal board want to spend. Arsene Wenger doesn’t” [Amy Lawrence audio]
We are heading into August, and leaving aside Yaya Sanogo, Arsenal are still yet to spend on a big name player.
Earlier this summer, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told a fans forum that Arsenal now have the ability to spend large sums of money and could even pay the wages of Wayne Rooney (believed to be around 250,000 pounds a week).
So, why haven’t Arsenal spent some of their funds (believed to be at least 70 million pounds) yet?
Gonzalo Higuain reportedly agreed personal terms with the Gunners but moved to Napoli. Whilst, frankly, Arsenal seem to be holding off for players such as Luis Suarez and Marouane Fellaini, who are achievable targets, and would improve the current squad under Arsene Wenger.
On BBC Radio 5 on Monday night, Guardian scribe Amy Lawrence, a well known Arsenal fan with some links to the club, gave her thoughts on why Arsenal haven’t splashed the cash yet.
Could it be that Arsene Wenger is being frugal with Arsenal’s money?
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fans respond to rumours linking Hector Bellerin with move back to Barcelona [Tweets]May 26th, 2016
- Arsenal favourites to sign Alvaro Morata in whopping £53m deal [COPE]May 26th, 2016
- Barcelona target Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin to replace Dani Alves [Mundo Deportivo]May 26th, 2016
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil feeds a tiger in Dubai, animal paws him in his private parts (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Szczesny implicitly belittles Wenger’s coaching by heaping praise on SpalettiMay 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal boss laments departure of ‘Spiritual Leaders’ Arteta & Rosicky (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms three Arsenal Stalwarts will leave this summer (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger denies rumours that he has been offered new 2-year contract extension (Video)May 13th, 2016