The acrobatic clearance that saw Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini break 2 bones in his back
- March 7, 2013
“Colo has gone back to Argentina. There’s no treatment he can have – he’s broken two of the bones in his back. We think it’s going to be anything between three and seven weeks. He’s gone back for a week.” – Alan Pardew.
Newcastle have been dealt a severe blow ahead of the Europa League clash with Anzhi tonight, with the news that Fabricio Coloccini faces a lengthy absence from the first team.
Early reports suggest the Newcastle captain could be out until May with a fast return put at the beginning of April.
And with the January transfer window debacle surrounding Coloccini, with the Argentine defender reportedly keen to return home for personal reasons, you can bet he may not be so keen to return to Newcastle.
GIF and video of Coloccini landing awkwardly following an acrobatic clearance by the corner flag in the 4-2 win over Southampton in the build-up to Papiss Demba Cisse’s wonder goal can be seen above and below respectively.
There are even suggestions today that this acrobatic clearance was Coloccini’s last action as a Newcastle player.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...