- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
The 50 most valuable players after the World Cup [Pluri Consultoria]
Brazilian sports business consulting firm Pluri Consultoria have been busy since the World Cup finished on Sunday.
They have compiled their list of the 50 most valuable players to appear at the World Cup, after the event.
Pluri Consultoria compare this list with the rankings they produced the World Cup and there are some intriguing revelations.
Unsurprisingly, Germany players are those that have increased in value the most with 10 entries in the top 50 as opposed to seven before the tournament.
The top five did not change position, with Luis Suarez only losing 1% of his value, despite a third career bite on Giorgio Chiellini.
Whilst both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo lost value, the big winners were undoubtedly James Rodriguez, Toni Kroos, Juan Cuadrado, Andre Schurrle and Paul Pogba.
The players to depreciate the most were Hulk, Cesc Fabregas and Mario Balotelli.
- Updated: July 17, 2014