- Real once tried to sign Leo Messi, Perez would stil love to bring Barça man to Madrid [MD]
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker visits London synagogue & opens up about Holocaust in Q&A [Telegraph]
- Arsenal “very interested” in St Etienne wonderkid Allan Saint-Maximin (17) [Video Evidence]
- Barcelona president claims Messi’s father told him that “Leo Messi is happy at Barcelona”
- Man United fan Adam McKola & Arsenal fan Robbie discuss who will win “EL INJURY O?” [Video]
The 50 most valuable players after the World Cup [Pluri Consultoria]
Brazilian sports business consulting firm Pluri Consultoria have been busy since the World Cup finished on Sunday.
They have compiled their list of the 50 most valuable players to appear at the World Cup, after the event.
Pluri Consultoria compare this list with the rankings they produced the World Cup and there are some intriguing revelations.
Unsurprisingly, Germany players are those that have increased in value the most with 10 entries in the top 50 as opposed to seven before the tournament.
The top five did not change position, with Luis Suarez only losing 1% of his value, despite a third career bite on Giorgio Chiellini.
Whilst both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo lost value, the big winners were undoubtedly James Rodriguez, Toni Kroos, Juan Cuadrado, Andre Schurrle and Paul Pogba.
The players to depreciate the most were Hulk, Cesc Fabregas and Mario Balotelli.
- Updated: July 17, 2014