The 50 most valuable players after the World Cup [Pluri Consultoria]
- July 17, 2014
Brazilian sports business consulting firm Pluri Consultoria have been busy since the World Cup finished on Sunday.
They have compiled their list of the 50 most valuable players to appear at the World Cup, after the event.
Pluri Consultoria compare this list with the rankings they produced the World Cup and there are some intriguing revelations.
Unsurprisingly, Germany players are those that have increased in value the most with 10 entries in the top 50 as opposed to seven before the tournament.
The top five did not change position, with Luis Suarez only losing 1% of his value, despite a third career bite on Giorgio Chiellini.
Whilst both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo lost value, the big winners were undoubtedly James Rodriguez, Toni Kroos, Juan Cuadrado, Andre Schurrle and Paul Pogba.
The players to depreciate the most were Hulk, Cesc Fabregas and Mario Balotelli.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...