The 40 point turnaround! How Liverpool & Man United compare this season to last [Graphic]
- February 19, 2014
It is fair to say Liverpool fans are in dreamland, despite the 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Arsenal on Sunday.
The graphic above shows how things have changed to this time last season with respect to the gap between Manchester United and Liverpool.
Whether it is the Brendan Rodgers effect or the David Moyes effect is something that will be debated for some time.
But, the bottom line is that after 26 games in 2013/3014 Liverpool lead Manchester United by a whopping 11 points.
At the same stage in 2012/2013, Manchester United were even further ahead of Liverpool in comparison, by 23 points at the time.
One man who doesn’t feature on the graphic (put together by the excellent @MostarLFC) is Sir Alex Ferguson.
Perhaps the departure of the legendary former Manchester United boss is the true reason there has been a mammoth 40 point turnaround?!
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers talks to LFC TV about new signings and Premier League pr...
- Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool ‘put everything’ into Raheem Sterling’...
- Adam Lallana admits goal v Brisbane was a fluke; Rodgers’ management speak rubbin...
- Liverpool boss praises Nathaniel Clyne & Joe Gomez after Brisbane Roar win [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers excited by ‘top class’ Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers admits he was a reason behind Raheem Sterling’s departure [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi