The 40 point turnaround! How Liverpool & Man United compare this season to last [Graphic]
- February 19, 2014
It is fair to say Liverpool fans are in dreamland, despite the 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Arsenal on Sunday.
The graphic above shows how things have changed to this time last season with respect to the gap between Manchester United and Liverpool.
Whether it is the Brendan Rodgers effect or the David Moyes effect is something that will be debated for some time.
But, the bottom line is that after 26 games in 2013/3014 Liverpool lead Manchester United by a whopping 11 points.
At the same stage in 2012/2013, Manchester United were even further ahead of Liverpool in comparison, by 23 points at the time.
One man who doesn’t feature on the graphic (put together by the excellent @MostarLFC) is Sir Alex Ferguson.
Perhaps the departure of the legendary former Manchester United boss is the true reason there has been a mammoth 40 point turnaround?!
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...