The 40 point turnaround! How Liverpool & Man United compare this season to last [Graphic]
It is fair to say Liverpool fans are in dreamland, despite the 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Arsenal on Sunday.
The graphic above shows how things have changed to this time last season with respect to the gap between Manchester United and Liverpool.
Whether it is the Brendan Rodgers effect or the David Moyes effect is something that will be debated for some time.
But, the bottom line is that after 26 games in 2013/3014 Liverpool lead Manchester United by a whopping 11 points.
At the same stage in 2012/2013, Manchester United were even further ahead of Liverpool in comparison, by 23 points at the time.
One man who doesn’t feature on the graphic (put together by the excellent @MostarLFC) is Sir Alex Ferguson.
Perhaps the departure of the legendary former Manchester United boss is the true reason there has been a mammoth 40 point turnaround?!
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27, 2016
- Everton fans don’t want David Moyes to come back, start extremely unsentimental hashtag [Tweets]May 24, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd boss David Moyes speaks about being favourite for the Celtic job (Video)April 20, 2016
- New Liverpool GK Karius ruled out with broken hand, fans dread being stuck with Mignolet [Tweets]July 30, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge posts amusing video from Liverpool’s 3rd kit launchJuly 29, 2016
- Ovie Ejaria’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Chelsea (Video)July 28, 2016
- Chelsea official Twitter attacked for outrageous Cesc Fabregas claim during Liverpool game [Tweets]July 28, 2016