The £145m goal line clearance: Joel Ward secures Crystal Palace win v Watford
- May 27, 2013
Wilfried Zaha and Kevin Phillips will and already have taken the plaudits for Crystal Palace after their Championship play-off final win over Watford on Monday.
But there was another fairly unlikely hero for Ian Holloway’s side with one of the most dramatic goal line clearances seen at Wembley since… Neven Subotic on Saturday in the Champions League final.
In the 120th minute of a gruelling match, Watford’s Fernando Forestieri curled a fine outside-of-the-boot effort towards the corner of the goal.
Only for 23-year-old defender Joel Ward to clear off the line.
Has there ever been a more valuable goal line clearance?
Watch Joel Ward’s heroics below, followed by the former Portsmouth defender’s post-match interview.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...