- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
The £145m goal line clearance: Joel Ward secures Crystal Palace win v Watford
Wilfried Zaha and Kevin Phillips will and already have taken the plaudits for Crystal Palace after their Championship play-off final win over Watford on Monday.
But there was another fairly unlikely hero for Ian Holloway’s side with one of the most dramatic goal line clearances seen at Wembley since… Neven Subotic on Saturday in the Champions League final.
In the 120th minute of a gruelling match, Watford’s Fernando Forestieri curled a fine outside-of-the-boot effort towards the corner of the goal.
Only for 23-year-old defender Joel Ward to clear off the line.
Has there ever been a more valuable goal line clearance?
Watch Joel Ward’s heroics below, followed by the former Portsmouth defender’s post-match interview.
- Updated: May 27, 2013