The £145m goal line clearance: Joel Ward secures Crystal Palace win v Watford
- May 27, 2013
Wilfried Zaha and Kevin Phillips will and already have taken the plaudits for Crystal Palace after their Championship play-off final win over Watford on Monday.
But there was another fairly unlikely hero for Ian Holloway’s side with one of the most dramatic goal line clearances seen at Wembley since… Neven Subotic on Saturday in the Champions League final.
In the 120th minute of a gruelling match, Watford’s Fernando Forestieri curled a fine outside-of-the-boot effort towards the corner of the goal.
Only for 23-year-old defender Joel Ward to clear off the line.
Has there ever been a more valuable goal line clearance?
Watch Joel Ward’s heroics below, followed by the former Portsmouth defender’s post-match interview.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...