- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
The £145m goal line clearance: Joel Ward secures Crystal Palace win v Watford
- May 27, 2013
Wilfried Zaha and Kevin Phillips will and already have taken the plaudits for Crystal Palace after their Championship play-off final win over Watford on Monday.
But there was another fairly unlikely hero for Ian Holloway’s side with one of the most dramatic goal line clearances seen at Wembley since… Neven Subotic on Saturday in the Champions League final.
In the 120th minute of a gruelling match, Watford’s Fernando Forestieri curled a fine outside-of-the-boot effort towards the corner of the goal.
Only for 23-year-old defender Joel Ward to clear off the line.
Has there ever been a more valuable goal line clearance?
Watch Joel Ward’s heroics below, followed by the former Portsmouth defender’s post-match interview.