The 12th man: A cheeky ballboy sets up a goal (Hapoel Haifa v Bnei Lod)
- March 4, 2009
Brilliant stuff from quick thinking ballboy in Israel.
Monday night saw the meeting of Hapoel Haifa and Bnei Lod in the Ligat Leumit (Israel’s second division) and witnessed one of the more bizarre goals of the season.
In the 19th minute Hapoel Haifa launched a ball forward, with the visiting keeper found racing out of his goal and heading the ball out of play. Haifa forward Hamudi Kial was immediately on the scene, waiting to exploit the situation with a quick throw-in, but he needed a ball to get things going again.
Cue an intervention from a lightning fast ballboy who chucked a replacement ball straight to the waiting attacker. With the keeper stranded out of his goal, Hamudi found Eran Levi who smacked a first time shot into the open net.
Unfortunately, even with the help of young ballboy Ofek Mizrachi, Haifa eventually lost the match 2-1.
The incident can be seen here.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...