- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
That’s Patriotic Pride! Luke Shaw cried tears of joy when his Mum rang to congratulate him on England call-up
Like chivalry, who said international football was dead?
While many of a recent vintage have chosen to pack it in early (Scholes, Shearer), and others do just about anything to get out of playing friendlies, it’s wonderful to see that patriotic pride is still alive in the Youth.
Witness Luke Shaw’s reaction to his England call-up today.
The 18 year old Southampton full-back gave a brilliant interview in which he just couldn’t hide his brimming pride at the news, and the picture below is another example of the pride he was feeling today.
When his Mum called to congratulate him, it was all to much for Shaw, as he cried tears of joy while enjoying the moment with his loved one.
- Updated: February 27, 2014