That’s Patriotic Pride! Luke Shaw cried tears of joy when his Mum rang to congratulate him on England call-up
- February 27, 2014
Like chivalry, who said international football was dead?
While many of a recent vintage have chosen to pack it in early (Scholes, Shearer), and others do just about anything to get out of playing friendlies, it’s wonderful to see that patriotic pride is still alive in the Youth.
Witness Luke Shaw’s reaction to his England call-up today.
The 18 year old Southampton full-back gave a brilliant interview in which he just couldn’t hide his brimming pride at the news, and the picture below is another example of the pride he was feeling today.
When his Mum called to congratulate him, it was all to much for Shaw, as he cried tears of joy while enjoying the moment with his loved one.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]