That’s a knockout! A South African player punches an opponent in the face next to the ref, doesn’t even get booked
- November 12, 2013
The Chiefs beat the Bidvest Wits 2-1 last weekend in South Africa, however the hosts win was sullied by a disgraceful knockout punch from 30-year-old Ethiopia international Morgan Gould on Wits striker Getaneh Kebede.
The assault was clean cut and obvious. Gould jabbed Kebede in the face with a nasty left punch, and Kebede went down fast.
Yet, despite the attack being so blatant, and with the referee just a few yards away from the spot, Morgan Gould managed to get away without even a caution for turn the football pitch into his boxing ring.
There has since been plenty of uproar in South Africa about the attack which went unpunished, however at the moment Gould has not yet been punished. The PSL is going to study the match commissioner and referee’s report before deciding whether they take action against Kaizer Chiefs defender.
Hilariously, Gould talked about his attack on Twitter, calling it “a freak accident”.
I wud like to apologize to the Wits player that I punch it was a freak accident….#MG83
— Morgan Gould (@mor_gould) November 9, 2013
You’ve gotta give it to him. Kaizer Chiefs defender Morgan Gould has some front.
Watch the footage as it played out in real time below.
- Gutted! Chile’s Junior Fernandes breaks leg in horror injury, out of the World Cu...
- A horrific ankle break you don’t want to see: Marko Biskupovic (Universidad Catol...
- Ouch! Thibaut Courtois takes a knee to the head
- DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on A...
- Serious ouch! Giampaolo Pazzini overhead kicks Kamel Glik in the face
- A mortal kombat finishing move was spotted in a youth match in Brazil, shockingly no fo...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...