That’s a knockout! A South African player punches an opponent in the face next to the ref, doesn’t even get booked
- November 12, 2013
The Chiefs beat the Bidvest Wits 2-1 last weekend in South Africa, however the hosts win was sullied by a disgraceful knockout punch from 30-year-old Ethiopia international Morgan Gould on Wits striker Getaneh Kebede.
The assault was clean cut and obvious. Gould jabbed Kebede in the face with a nasty left punch, and Kebede went down fast.
Yet, despite the attack being so blatant, and with the referee just a few yards away from the spot, Morgan Gould managed to get away without even a caution for turn the football pitch into his boxing ring.
There has since been plenty of uproar in South Africa about the attack which went unpunished, however at the moment Gould has not yet been punished. The PSL is going to study the match commissioner and referee’s report before deciding whether they take action against Kaizer Chiefs defender.
Hilariously, Gould talked about his attack on Twitter, calling it “a freak accident”.
I wud like to apologize to the Wits player that I punch it was a freak accident….#MG83
— Morgan Gould (@mor_gould) November 9, 2013
You’ve gotta give it to him. Kaizer Chiefs defender Morgan Gould has some front.
Watch the footage as it played out in real time below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...