- The best goals of 2014: Valencia CF [Official video]
- Arsenal fans sing “Lukas Podolski we want you to stay” at Upton Park [Video]
- Luis Suarez interviewed about life at Barcelona & discusses Neymar and Leo Messi [Video]
- Manchester United’s Louis van Gaal still believes United can win title [Video]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas has a history of leading the PL assists chart at the halfway stage [Graphic]
That’s a knockout! A South African player punches an opponent in the face next to the ref, doesn’t even get booked
The Chiefs beat the Bidvest Wits 2-1 last weekend in South Africa, however the hosts win was sullied by a disgraceful knockout punch from 30-year-old Ethiopia international Morgan Gould on Wits striker Getaneh Kebede.
The assault was clean cut and obvious. Gould jabbed Kebede in the face with a nasty left punch, and Kebede went down fast.
Yet, despite the attack being so blatant, and with the referee just a few yards away from the spot, Morgan Gould managed to get away without even a caution for turn the football pitch into his boxing ring.
There has since been plenty of uproar in South Africa about the attack which went unpunished, however at the moment Gould has not yet been punished. The PSL is going to study the match commissioner and referee’s report before deciding whether they take action against Kaizer Chiefs defender.
Hilariously, Gould talked about his attack on Twitter, calling it “a freak accident”.
I wud like to apologize to the Wits player that I punch it was a freak accident….#MG83
— Morgan Gould (@mor_gould) November 9, 2013
You’ve gotta give it to him. Kaizer Chiefs defender Morgan Gould has some front.
Watch the footage as it played out in real time below.
- Updated: November 12, 2013