Terrible Typos: Match of the Day don’t know how to spell the name of Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Pictures]
It’s a sad day when the BBC, England’s flagship TV channel, can’t spell properly.
Hundreds of viewers noticed a glaring spelling error during the highlights of Cardiff versus Arsenal on Match of the Day on Saturday night, as Jack Wilshere’s name was spelt wrong.
Making a common mistake, MOTD wrote the Arsenal and England midfielder’s name as Wilshire rather than Wilshere.
It was only a small error, but it caused big outrage from Arsenal fans and other couch surfers.
A series of pictures and tweets flagging up the MOTD spelling error are below.
— liam (@db10s) November 30, 2013
— Stuart MacFarlane (@Stuart_PhotoAFC) November 30, 2013
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) November 30, 2013
— john silva (@Johnsilva10) November 30, 2013
Really BBC? Wilshire? pic.twitter.com/fXjsAfMlFF
— SwedishGooner (@RichardGooner) November 30, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Theo Walcott exchanges one-two with Alexis Sanchez to make it 2-0 to Arsenal at Basel (Official Video)September 28, 2016
- He’s on Fire: Best Tweets on Theo Walcott (Arsenal) 2 – Basel 0 at HTSeptember 28, 2016
- Arsenal vs Basel [Team Sheets]September 28, 2016
- UEFA regulation forces Arsenal to wear away kit at the Emirates Stadium for the first timeSeptember 28, 2016
- Wilshere on his way out? Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s reported new shirt number [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Jack Wilshere badly struggles on full Bournemouth debut v Manchester City [Tweets]September 17, 2016
- Arsene Wenger calls Jack Wilshere ‘world class’ and states his hopes for the midfielder (Video)September 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger didn’t want Jack Wilshere to join Bournemouth [Sun]September 4, 2016
- Chelsea are dominating Match of the Day this season, Man United out of the limelight [Graphic]November 19, 2015
- Gary Lineker announces MOTD running order on Facebook video, fans complainOctober 24, 2015
- MOTD viewers celebrate Phil Neville’s appointment as Valencia assistant manager [Tweets]June 28, 2015
- Why was Steven Gerrard’s poor dive for Liverpool at West Brom not shown on MOTD? [Tweets]April 26, 2015