Terrible Typos: Match of the Day don’t know how to spell the name of Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Pictures]
- December 1, 2013
It’s a sad day when the BBC, England’s flagship TV channel, can’t spell properly.
Hundreds of viewers noticed a glaring spelling error during the highlights of Cardiff versus Arsenal on Match of the Day on Saturday night, as Jack Wilshere’s name was spelt wrong.
Making a common mistake, MOTD wrote the Arsenal and England midfielder’s name as Wilshire rather than Wilshere.
It was only a small error, but it caused big outrage from Arsenal fans and other couch surfers.
A series of pictures and tweets flagging up the MOTD spelling error are below.
— liam (@db10s) November 30, 2013
— Stuart MacFarlane (@Stuart_PhotoAFC) November 30, 2013
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) November 30, 2013
— john silva (@Johnsilva10) November 30, 2013
Really BBC? Wilshire? pic.twitter.com/fXjsAfMlFF
— SwedishGooner (@RichardGooner) November 30, 2013
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...