Terrible Typos: Match of the Day don’t know how to spell the name of Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Pictures]
- December 1, 2013
It’s a sad day when the BBC, England’s flagship TV channel, can’t spell properly.
Hundreds of viewers noticed a glaring spelling error during the highlights of Cardiff versus Arsenal on Match of the Day on Saturday night, as Jack Wilshere’s name was spelt wrong.
Making a common mistake, MOTD wrote the Arsenal and England midfielder’s name as Wilshire rather than Wilshere.
It was only a small error, but it caused big outrage from Arsenal fans and other couch surfers.
A series of pictures and tweets flagging up the MOTD spelling error are below.
— liam (@db10s) November 30, 2013
— Stuart MacFarlane (@Stuart_PhotoAFC) November 30, 2013
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) November 30, 2013
— john silva (@Johnsilva10) November 30, 2013
Really BBC? Wilshire? pic.twitter.com/fXjsAfMlFF
— SwedishGooner (@RichardGooner) November 30, 2013
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...