Terrible Typos: Match of the Day don’t know how to spell the name of Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Pictures]
It’s a sad day when the BBC, England’s flagship TV channel, can’t spell properly.
Hundreds of viewers noticed a glaring spelling error during the highlights of Cardiff versus Arsenal on Match of the Day on Saturday night, as Jack Wilshere’s name was spelt wrong.
Making a common mistake, MOTD wrote the Arsenal and England midfielder’s name as Wilshire rather than Wilshere.
It was only a small error, but it caused big outrage from Arsenal fans and other couch surfers.
A series of pictures and tweets flagging up the MOTD spelling error are below.
— liam (@db10s) November 30, 2013
— Stuart MacFarlane (@Stuart_PhotoAFC) November 30, 2013
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) November 30, 2013
— john silva (@Johnsilva10) November 30, 2013
Really BBC? Wilshire? pic.twitter.com/fXjsAfMlFF
— SwedishGooner (@RichardGooner) November 30, 2013
- Arsene Wenger holds talks with a friendly face at Corinthians about signing Alexandre Pato [Globo]
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere refuses to put time scale on injury return (Video)
- Very funny: Junior Gunners wind up Hector Bellerin and Jack Wilshere (Video)
- Jack Wilshere admits latest injury was the biggest psychological blow of his career (Video)
- Barcelona legend Xavi loves Jack Wilshere because ‘he doesn’t play the English way...
- Chelsea are dominating Match of the Day this season, Man United out of the limelight [Graphic]
- Gary Lineker announces MOTD running order on Facebook video, fans complain
- MOTD viewers celebrate Phil Neville’s appointment as Valencia assistant manager [Tweets]
- Why was Steven Gerrard’s poor dive for Liverpool at West Brom not shown on MOTD? [Tweets]