Terrible Typos: Match of the Day don’t know how to spell the name of Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Pictures]
- December 1, 2013
It’s a sad day when the BBC, England’s flagship TV channel, can’t spell properly.
Hundreds of viewers noticed a glaring spelling error during the highlights of Cardiff versus Arsenal on Match of the Day on Saturday night, as Jack Wilshere’s name was spelt wrong.
Making a common mistake, MOTD wrote the Arsenal and England midfielder’s name as Wilshire rather than Wilshere.
It was only a small error, but it caused big outrage from Arsenal fans and other couch surfers.
A series of pictures and tweets flagging up the MOTD spelling error are below.
— liam (@db10s) November 30, 2013
— Stuart MacFarlane (@Stuart_PhotoAFC) November 30, 2013
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) November 30, 2013
— john silva (@Johnsilva10) November 30, 2013
Really BBC? Wilshire? pic.twitter.com/fXjsAfMlFF
— SwedishGooner (@RichardGooner) November 30, 2013
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright trolled ex Spurs owner Lord Sugar at Piers Morgan’s bir...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Arturo Vidal indicates Arsenal or Madrid moves are bogus wearing special shinpads in th...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi