Terrible Typos: Match of the Day don’t know how to spell the name of Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Pictures]
It’s a sad day when the BBC, England’s flagship TV channel, can’t spell properly.
Hundreds of viewers noticed a glaring spelling error during the highlights of Cardiff versus Arsenal on Match of the Day on Saturday night, as Jack Wilshere’s name was spelt wrong.
Making a common mistake, MOTD wrote the Arsenal and England midfielder’s name as Wilshire rather than Wilshere.
It was only a small error, but it caused big outrage from Arsenal fans and other couch surfers.
A series of pictures and tweets flagging up the MOTD spelling error are below.
— liam (@db10s) November 30, 2013
— Stuart MacFarlane (@Stuart_PhotoAFC) November 30, 2013
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) November 30, 2013
— john silva (@Johnsilva10) November 30, 2013
Really BBC? Wilshire? pic.twitter.com/fXjsAfMlFF
— SwedishGooner (@RichardGooner) November 30, 2013
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Wojciech Szczesny celebrates Arsenal win at Spurs on Instagram, tags Jack Wilshere
- Jack Wilshere is out for 3 months, Arsenal will face Zagreb without Aaron Ramsey &...
- Arsenal fans despair at reports that Jack Wilshere could be out until 2016 (Best Tweets)
- Alexis Sanchez should be back for Arsenal in 10 days, Jack Wilshere’s injury was ...
- MOTD viewers celebrate Phil Neville’s appointment as Valencia assistant manager [...
- Why was Steven Gerrard’s poor dive for Liverpool at West Brom not shown on MOTD? ...
- MOTD pundits Danny Murphy & Robbie Savage discuss Liverpool’s recent revival...
- Newcastle legend Alan Shearer trolled Ruud Gullit on Match of the Day [Vine]